Use the shipping label
[shipping_label] attribute to group products together so that you can set up specific shipping rates in Merchant Center. The information you include in this attribute won’t be shown to customers.
For example, you might label products "oversized", "perishable", or "free shipping".
In this article
Optional for each product
If you want to set different shipping costs or speed for specific groups of products, use the shipping label
[shipping_label] attribute to apply a label to products. For example, for free shipping, some retailers only want certain products to get free shipping and they can add that shipping service to those products with a label.
You can configure shipping costs and speed based on the label in your Merchant Center account settings using shipping labels.
Note: When you add a label to a product, it allows that service while also enabling all of the other services, such as US shipping, weight-based, and standard, that are available for that product.
Follow these formatting guidelines to make sure Google understands the data you're submitting. Learn when and how to submit your attributes and attribute values in English
|Type||Unicode characters (Recommended: ASCII only)|
|File format||Example entry|
To format your data for Content API, see the Content API for Shopping resource.
These are the requirements you'll need to meet to show your product. If you don't follow these requirements, we'll disapprove your product and let you know in your Merchant Center account.
Don't submit invalid unicode characters. These characters are generally added during your file's encoding process. To avoid them, use UTF-8 encoding. To help prevent encoding issues, submit files in a compressed format. Examples of invalid unicode characters include:
- Control characters (for example, U+200D)
- Function characters
- Private area characters
- Surrogate pairs
- Unassigned code points
These best practices can help you go beyond the basic requirements to optimize your product data for performance.
- Choose your own definition for the shipping label. You can choose values that make it easier for you to configure your shipping settings in Merchant Center.
- Use a shipping label for oversized products and configure shipping settings in Merchant Center if your product is considered oversized by your shipping carrier. Oversized shipping costs aren’t automatically calculated and automatic carrier rates shouldn’t be used in this case.
- Use a shipping label for perishable products (for example, cold storage transport) and configure shipping settings in Merchant Center.
- Note that shipping labels are inclusive. If you provide multiple shipping labels for a product in the same country, we’ll calculate the lowest shipping rate for the product for a given situation and display that rate to users. For example, if you have one label that specifies free shipping for products over 150 USD and another label that specifies a carrier-calculated rate for all products, then your listing will show free shipping for all products over 150 USD.
|Product data for one gallon of whole milk|
||Whole Milk, 1 Gal|
|Product data for a 10-foot ocean kayak|
||10-ft Ocean Kayak|