Report on metrics by Browser or Operating System
Sometimes, an issue comes up whose cause is specific to a browser or operating system (OS). Use the DFP Query Tool to determine whether a creative had issues rendering in a certain environment and not another.
Let's say you want to find out total impressions one browser or operating system type received versus another, follow these steps:
- Create a new query.
- In the Filters section,
- From the first drop-down, select Targeting.
- From the second drop-down, choose contains.
- In the 'contains' field, enter Browser=. To run a report about the OS, use OperatingSystem= .
To get a complete breakout of impressions by each mobile version of Android and iOS, use the filter OperatingSystemVersion=.
- Under the ‘Platform’ dimension, select Targeting.
- Include your desired metrics, in this case, Total Impressions.
- Save the query and run the report.