Add Ad Exchange report dimensions and metrics
Dimensions are time measurement, inventory categories, buyers data, and yield management categories by which you can view and sort report data; they define the columns and rows in your report.
- Locate the report dimensions you want to add to your query.
- To add dimensions to the query, click >>. Your selections appear in the scroll box to the right of the dimensions list. In other words, select in the left and it appears in the right. The selected dimension displayed in the list turns grey. You can click-and-drag dimensions to rearrange their order, as needed.
To remove a selected dimension, in the scroll box, click the X to the right of the dimension name.
- Select your desired output table structure.
Metrics represent the values that you're measuring. Metric families include standard metrics, third-party data, bid data, and video data. For example, you can measure your account performance by reporting on impressions, estimated revenue, number of clicks and so on. Not all metric families appear for all publishers. For example, Ad network optimization only appears if it's enabled for your account and video only appears if you're a video publisher.
- Check off the report metrics you want to add to your query.
Metric families that are incompatible with certain dimensions appear disabled with an alert icon displayed to the right. When you click on the icon, you are advised that if you want to include the metric in your report, the dimension should be removed. But, certain metrics, such as impression data, are generated for every dimension.
- After you have made your choices, run your report and interpret your results.
- (Optional) Prior to running the actual query, click Preview report layout, to get a quick look at the would-be report output.