Enable Gmail Labs
Gmail Labs are not available in the new Gmail Early Adopter Program (EAP), and will be deprecated in 2018.
Gmail Labs are experimental, pre-release features that users can enable to add key business functionality to their Inboxes. When Gmail Labs are enabled, users can go to a Labs tab in their Gmail settings to turn on the Labs they want to use.
Enable Gmail Labs for your users
- Sign in to the Google Admin console.
- Click Apps, then click G Suite > Gmail.
- Select Labs from the list of links below the page title.
- To make labs available for all users in your organization, check Enable Gmail Labs for my users.
- To control the options for each lab, check Advanced Labs Management, and choose from the following:
- Allowed—Users have the option to enable the lab
- Enabled—The lab is enabled for all users
- Disabled—Users can't use this lab
- Click Save changes.
There may be a delay before the change takes effect.
Important: Because Gmail Labs are experimental and are not officially "released," they may change, break, or disappear at any time. See About Google Labs to learn more.
Temporarily disable Labs
If your users encounter problems while Labs are enabled, they can temporarily disable Labs by appending /?labs=0 to the URL, https://mail.google.com/?labs=0.