Gmail Labs are experimental, pre-release features that users can enable to add key business functionality to their Inboxes. When Gmail Labs are enabled, users can go to a Labs tab in their Gmail Settings to turn on the Labs they want to use—Labs that let them recall a message they just sent, enter a pre-composed response, and more.
To enable Gmail Labs for your users:
- Sign in to the Google Admin console.
- Click Apps, then click Google Apps > Gmail.
- Select Labs from the list of links below the page title.
- To make labs available for users in your domain, check the box Enable Gmail Labs for my users. To control the options for each lab, check the box Advanced Labs Management, and choose from the following:
- Allowed—Users have the option to enable the lab
- Enabled—The lab is enabled for all users
- Disabled—Users can't use this lab. Labs are Allowed by default; select one of the other options from the drop-down list to change the setting.
- Click Save changes.
(There may be a delay before the change takes effect.)
Note that enabling Gmail Labs makes them available for all users. If you have multiple domains associated with your Google Apps account, the setting applies to all domains.
If your users encounter any problems while Labs are enabled, they can temporarily disable Labs by appending /?labs=0 to the URL, http://mail.google.com/?labs=0.