Turn Google Payments on or off
As an administrator of your organization's Google accounts, you can control who uses Google Payments. Just turn the service on or off for those users in your Admin console. Users who have Payments turned on can use it to purchase Google services for their account.
Control who uses Google Payments
Before you begin: To turn the service on or off for a set of users, put their accounts in an organizational unit.
From the Admin console Home page, go to AppsAdditional Google services.
Click Google Payments.
Tip: Scroll to see all services. Or at the left, choose a Filter to narrow the list, for example, based on status or popularity.
At the top right of the gray box, click Edit Service .
To apply settings to all organizations, click On for everyone or Off for everyone, and then click Save.
To apply settings to individual organizational units, do the following:
- At the left, select the organizational unit that contains the users whose settings you want to change.
- To change the setting, select On or Off.
- To keep the setting the same, even if the parent setting changes, click Override.
- If the organization's status is already Overridden, choose an option:
Inherit—Reverts to the same setting as its parent.
Save—Saves your new setting (even if the parent setting changes).
Learn more about the organizational structure.
If you manage a large number of users or sync your LDAP directoryYou can use access groups to turn on a service for specific users within an organizational unit. You turn off the service for the organization, and then add the users to an access group that has the service turned on. This lets you give users access to services without making changes to your organizational structure. Learn about access groups.
Services that use Payments
Your Payments setting applies to any service that uses Payments, such as YouTube. It doesn’t apply to services that use a different billing system, such as G Suite Basic. In other words, if you turn on Payments for everyone, all users can make purchases on YouTube, but not in G Suite Basic.
Learn more at the Google Payments Help Center.
- Control who can access G Suite and Google services
- Opt in to new services (to turn new services on or off by default)
- G Suite for Education Core and Additional services