Turn Google Analytics on or off for users
If you're an administrator of Google accounts for an organization, you can control who uses Google Analytics from their account. Just turn Analytics on or off for those people in your Admin console. People who have Analytics turned on can use it to monitor traffic at your websites or mobile apps.
To control who uses Analytics in your organization
Before you begin: To turn the service on or off for certain users: Put their accounts in an organizational unit (to control access by department) or put them in an access group (to control access for users across or within departments).
From the Admin console Home page, go to AppsAdditional Google ServicesGoogle Analytics.
- Click Service status.
To turn on or off a service for everyone in your organization, click On for everyone or Off for everyone, and then click Save.
To turn on or off a service only for users in an organizational unit:
- At the left, select the organizational unit.
- Select On or Off.
- To keep the service turned on or off even when the service is turned on or off for the parent organizational unit, click Override.
- If the organization's status is already Overridden, choose an option:
- Inherit—Reverts to the same setting as its parent.
- Save—Saves your new setting (even if the parent setting changes).
Learn more about organizational structure.
To turn on a service for a set of users across or within organizational units, select an access group. For details, go to turn on a service for a group.
Learn to use Analytics at the Google Analytics Help Center.
- Control who can access G Suite and Google services
- Opt in to new services (to turn new services on by default)
- G Suite for Education Core and Additional services