As an administrator of your organization's Google Accounts you can control who uses Google Earth. Just turn the service on or off for those users in your Admin console. Users who have Google Earth turned on will be able to travel a virtual 3D globe to explore exotic cities, satellite imagery, and famous landmarks from street view. They will also have access to Voyager, a collection of map-based stories written by Google Earth partners that's updated weekly.
Control who uses Google Earth in your organization
Before you begin: To turn the service on or off for certain users: Put their accounts in an organizational unit (to control access by department) or put them in an access group (to control access for users across or within departments).
From the Admin console Home page, go to AppsAdditional Google services.
Click Google Earth.
Tip: Scroll to see all services. Or at the left, choose a Filter to narrow the list, for example, based on status or popularity.
Click Service status.
To turn on or off a service for everyone in your organization, click On for everyone or Off for everyone, and then click Save.
To turn on or off a service only for users in an organizational unit:
- At the left, select the organizational unit.
- Select On or Off.
- To keep the service turned on or off even when the service is turned on or off for the parent organizational unit, click Override.
- If the organization's status is already Overridden, choose an option:
- Inherit—Reverts to the same setting as its parent.
- Save—Saves your new setting (even if the parent setting changes).
Learn more about organizational structure.
To turn on a service for a set of users across or within organizational units, select an access group. For details, go to turn on a service for a group.