Turn Google Earth on or off
As an administrator of your organization's Google Accounts you can control who uses Google Earth. Just turn the service on or off for those users in your Admin console. Users who have Google Earth turned on will be able to travel a virtual 3D globe to explore exotic cities, satellite imagery, and famous landmarks from street view. They will also have access to Voyager, a collection of map-based stories written by Google Earth partners that's updated weekly.
Before you begin: To turn the service on or off for a set of users, put their accounts in an organizational unit.
Control who uses Google Earth in your organization
- From the Admin console Home page, go to AppsAdditional Google services.
Click Google Earth.
Tip: Scroll to see all services. Or at the left, choose a Filter to narrow the list, for example, based on status or popularity.
At the top right of the gray box, click Edit Service .
To apply settings to all organizations, click On for everyone or Off for everyone, and then click Save.
To apply settings to individual organizational units, do the following:
- At the left, select the organizational unit that contains the users whose settings you want to change.
- To change the setting, select On or Off.
- To keep the setting the same, even if the parent setting changes, click Override.
- If the organization's status is already Overridden, choose an option:
Inherit—Reverts to the same setting as its parent.
Save—Saves your new setting (even if the parent setting changes).
Learn more about the organizational structure.