Turn Google Domains on or off
As an administrator of your organization's Google Accounts, you can control who uses Google Domains. Just turn Domains on or off for those users in your Admin console. Users who have Domains turned on can purchase new domains (such as, example.com), and manage domains from their account.
- If you turn this service on for everyone, you should first consider if you want to allow all users to purchase domains with their G Suite account. This includes students in G Suite for Education accounts. If not, consider keeping this service off, or turning it on only for users in some organizations (such as, G Suite administrators).
- If you turn this service off, users who had previously purchased domains from Google Domains using their G Suite account will have the chance to transfer ownership of their domain to another Google account (such as a personal Gmail account) when they next try to manage their domain. Their domain will continue to renew each year, provided their payment instrument is valid.
Control who uses Google Domains in your organization
Before you begin: To turn the service on or off for certain users: Put their accounts in an organizational unit (to control access by department) or put them in an access group (to control access for users across or within departments).
From the Admin console Home page, go to AppsAdditional Google services.
- Click Google Domains.
Tip: Scroll to see all services. Or at the left, choose a Filter to narrow the list, for example, based on status or popularity.
- Click Service status.
To turn on or off a service for everyone in your organization, click On for everyone or Off for everyone, and then click Save.
To turn on or off a service only for users in an organizational unit:
- At the left, select the organizational unit.
- Select On or Off.
- To keep the service turned on or off even when the service is turned on or off for the parent organizational unit, click Override.
- If the organization's status is already Overridden, choose an option:
- Inherit—Reverts to the same setting as its parent.
- Save—Saves your new setting (even if the parent setting changes).
Learn more about organizational structure.
To turn on a service for a set of users across or within organizational units, select an access group. For details, go to turn on a service for a group.
Learn about Google Domains at the Google Domains Help Center.
- Control who can access G Suite and Google services
- Opt in to new services (to turn new services on by default)
- G Suite for Education Core and Additional services