As an administrator of your organization's Google Accounts, you can control who uses Google Domains. Just turn Domains on or off for those users in your Admin console. Users who have Domains turned on can purchase new domains (such as, example.com), and manage domains from their account.
- If you turn this service on for everyone, you should first consider if you want to allow all users to purchase domains with their Google Workspace account. This includes students in Google Workspace for Education accounts. If not, consider keeping this service off, or turning it on only for users in some organizations (such as administrators).
- If you turn this service off, users who had previously purchased domains from Google Domains using their Google Workspace account will have the chance to transfer ownership of their domain to another Google account (such as a personal Gmail account) when they next try to manage their domain. Their domain will continue to renew each year, provided their payment instrument is valid.
Control who uses Google Domains in your organization
Before you begin: To turn a service on or off for certain users, put their accounts in an organizational unit (to control access by department) or add them to an access group (to allow access for users across or within departments).
From the Admin console Home page, go to AppsAdditional Google services.
- Click Google Domains.
Tip: Scroll to see all services. Or at the left, choose a Filter to narrow the list, for example, based on status or popularity.
- Click Service status.
To turn on or off a service for everyone in your organization, click On for everyone or Off for everyone, and then click Save.
(Optional) To turn a service on or off for an organizational unit:
- At the left, select the organizational unit.
- Select On or Off.
- Click Override to keep your setting if the service for the parent organizational unit is changed.
- If Overridden is already set for the organizational unit, choose an option:
- Inherit—Reverts to the same setting as its parent.
- Save—Saves your new setting (even if the parent setting changes).
Learn more about organizational structure.
To turn on a service for a set of users across or within organizational units, select an access group. For details, go to turn on a service for a group.
Learn about Google Domains at the Google Domains Help Center.