Turn YouTube on or off for users
As a G Suite administrator, you control who in your organization can upload and play YouTube content. You can turn on the service for everyone in your organization, specific organizational units, or specific groups.
Control who uses YouTube in your organization
Before you begin: To turn the service on or off for certain users: Put their accounts in an organizational unit (to control access by department) or put them in an access group (to control access for users across or within departments).
From the Admin console Home page, go to AppsAdditional Google ServicesYouTube.
Click Service status.
To turn on or off a service for everyone in your organization, click On for everyone or Off for everyone, and then click Save.
To turn on or off a service only for users in an organizational unit:
- At the left, select the organizational unit.
- Select On or Off.
- To keep the service turned on or off even when the service is turned on or off for the parent organizational unit, click Override.
- If the organization's status is already Overridden, choose an option:
- Inherit—Reverts to the same setting as its parent.
- Save—Saves your new setting (even if the parent setting changes).
Learn more about organizational structure.
To turn on a service for a set of users across or within organizational units, select an access group. For details, go to turn on a service for a group.
Can't turn on YouTube? There might be restrictions against using that service in your area. For details, see Unable to turn on a service.
Learn about other admin controls in the YouTube admin help.
Learn to use YouTube at the YouTube Help Center.