As an administrator, you control who in your organization can upload and play YouTube content. You can turn on the service for everyone in your organization, specific organizational units, or specific groups.
Control who uses YouTube in your organization
Before you begin: To turn a service on or off for certain users, put their accounts in an organizational unit (to control access by department) or add them to an access group (to allow access for users across or within departments).
From the Admin console Home page, go to AppsAdditional Google ServicesYouTube.
Click Service status.
To turn on or off a service for everyone in your organization, click On for everyone or Off for everyone, and then click Save.
(Optional) To turn a service on or off for an organizational unit:
- At the left, select the organizational unit.
- Select On or Off.
- Click Override to keep your setting if the service for the parent organizational unit is changed.
- If Overridden is already set for the organizational unit, choose an option:
- Inherit—Reverts to the same setting as its parent.
- Save—Saves your new setting (even if the parent setting changes).
Learn more about organizational structure.
To turn on a service for a set of users across or within organizational units, select an access group. For details, go to turn on a service for a group.
Can't turn on YouTube? There might be restrictions against using that service in your area. For details, see Unable to turn on a service.
Learn about other admin controls in the YouTube admin help.
Learn to use YouTube at the YouTube Help Center.