Turn Takeout on or off for users
If you're an administrator of Google accounts for an organization, you can control who uses Takeout from their account. Just turn the service on or off for those people in your Admin console. People who have Takeout turned on can use it to download a copy of the data in their accounts.
Control who uses Takeout
Before you begin: To turn the service on or off for certain users: Put their accounts in an organizational unit (to control access by department) or put them in an access group (to control access for users across or within departments).
From the Admin console Home page, go to AppsAdditional Google services.
Tip: Scroll to see all services. Or at the left, choose a Filter to narrow the list, for example, based on status or popularity.
- Click Service status.
To turn on or off a service for everyone in your organization, click On for everyone or Off for everyone, and then click Save.
To turn on or off a service only for users in an organizational unit:
- At the left, select the organizational unit.
- Select On or Off.
- To keep the service turned on or off even when the service is turned on or off for the parent organizational unit, click Override.
- If the organization's status is already Overridden, choose an option:
- Inherit—Reverts to the same setting as its parent.
- Save—Saves your new setting (even if the parent setting changes).
Learn more about organizational structure.
- To turn on a service for a set of users across or within organizational units, select an access group. For details, go to turn on a service for a group.
If you are a G Suite for Education administrator, learn about Transfer Your Content, a way for users to copy and transfer their content to another Google account.