As an administrator of your organization's Google Accounts, you can control who uses their Google Account with Chrome Canvas. Just turn the service on or off for those users in your Admin console.
If you turn off Chrome Canvas for users in your organization, users will not be able to sync Canvas drawings to their Google Account, similar to a user signed out of their account. Their drawings will only be available on their local device.
Note: Even if this service is turned off, users can still access the Canvas application on Chrome OS, and store drawings on their local device. To manage access to the Canvas application, go to View and configure apps and extensions for how to manage Chrome policies.
Control who uses Chrome Canvas with their account in your organization
Before you begin: To turn a service on or off for certain users, put their accounts in an organizational unit (to control access by department) or add them to an access group (to allow access for users across or within departments).
In the Admin console, go to Menu AppsAdditional Google services.
- Click Chrome Canvas.
- Click Service status.
To turn on or off a service for everyone in your organization, click On for everyone or Off for everyone, and then click Save.
(Optional) To turn a service on or off for an organizational unit:
- At the left, select the organizational unit.
- To change the Service status, select On or Off.
- Choose one:
- If the Service status is set to Inherited and you want to keep the updated setting, even if the parent setting changes, click Override.
- If the Service status is set to Overridden, either click Inherit to revert to the same setting as its parent, or click Save to keep the new setting, even if the parent setting changes.
Note: Learn more about organizational structure.
- To turn on a service for a set of users across or within organizational units, select an access group. For details, go to turn on a service for a group.