Supported editions for this feature: Education Fundamentals, Education Standard, Teaching and Learning Upgrade, and Education Plus. Compare your edition
As an administrator, you can control your users’ access to Brand Accounts. Your users can create a Brand Account to use with certain Google services, such as YouTube or Google My Business, to create an online presence. It’s a separate identity that’s not publicly-linked to their managed Google Account.
What happens to a Brand Account if I turn the service off for users?
Consider the following before you turn Brand Account access off for your users:
- If there are other active owners on the Brand Account, the user is removed from the Brand Account but the account stays active.
- If there are no active owners on the Brand Account, the account is suspended for 21 days and then deleted. The user gets an email notifying them of the change and possible deletion.
Note: To keep a Brand Account that has no active owners, you can transfer it to another user who is over the age of 18.
Control who uses Brand Accounts in your organization
Important: Do not turn on Brand Accounts for organizational units or groups with users under the age of 18.
Sign in to your Google Admin console.
Sign in using your administrator account (does not end in @gmail.com).
In the Admin console, go to Menu AppsAdditional Google services.
Click Brand AccountService status.
To turn a service on or off for everyone in your organization, click On for everyone or Off for everyone, and then click Save.
(Optional) To turn a service on or off for an organizational unit:
- At the left, select the organizational unit.
- To change the Service status, select On or Off.
- Choose one:
- If the Service status is set to Inherited and you want to keep the updated setting, even if the parent setting changes, click Override.
- If the Service status is set to Overridden, either click Inherit to revert to the same setting as its parent, or click Save to keep the new setting, even if the parent setting changes.
Note: Learn more about organizational structure.
To turn on a service for a set of users across or within organizational units, select an access group. For details, go to turn on a service for a group.
Learn how to manage your Brand Account.