As an administrator, you can control whether users can use Google Maps with their organizational account. Turning off this control in your Admin console does not prevent users from using Google Maps when not using their organizational account.
Control who uses Maps with their account
Before you begin: To turn a service on or off for certain users, put their accounts in an organizational unit (to control access by department) or add them to an access group (to allow access for users across or within departments).
In the Admin console, go to Menu AppsAdditional Google services.
- Click Google MapsService status.
- Click On for everyone or Off for everyone.
- Click Save.
(Optional) To turn a service on or off for an organizational unit:
- At the left, select the organizational unit.
- To change the Service status, select On or Off.
- Choose one:
- If the Service status is set to Inherited and you want to keep the updated setting, even if the parent setting changes, click Override.
- If the Service status is set to Overridden, either click Inherit to revert to the same setting as its parent, or click Save to keep the new setting, even if the parent setting changes.
Note: Learn more about organizational structure.
To turn on a service for a set of users across or within organizational units, select an access group. For details, go to turn on a service for a group.
Learn to use Maps at the Google Maps Help Center.