Turn additional Google services on or off
As an administrator of your organization's Google Accounts, you can control who uses the additional Google services that are available in your Google Admin console. Just turn the service on or off for those users. Users who have the service turned on can use it from their account.
Note: Some additional services don't have an individual On or Off control in the Admin console. You can turn these services on or off all at once. For details, see Manage access to services that aren't controlled individually.
Control who can use an additional Google service
Before you begin: To turn the service on or off for a set of users, put their accounts in an organizational unit.
From the Admin console Home page, go to AppsAdditional Google services.
- Click the name of the service you want to turn on or off to open its settings page.
Tip: Scroll to see all services.
At the top right of the gray box, click Edit Service .
To apply settings to all organizations, click On for everyone or Off for everyone, and then click Save.
To apply settings to individual organizational units, do the following:
- At the left, select the organizational unit that contains the users whose settings you want to change.
- To change the setting, select On or Off.
- To keep the setting the same, even if the parent setting changes, click Override.
- If the organization's status is already Overridden, choose an option:
Inherit—Reverts to the same setting as its parent.
Save—Saves your new setting (even if the parent setting changes).
Learn more about the organizational structure.
If you manage a large number of users or sync your LDAP directoryYou can use access groups to turn on a service for specific users within an organizational unit. You turn off the service for the organization, and then add the users to an access group that has the service turned on. This lets you give users access to services without making changes to your organizational structure. Learn about access groups.
- Control who can access G Suite and Google services
- Opt in to new services (to turn new services on or off by default)
- G Suite for Education Core and Additional services