Capture Mobile Shoppers with Your Shopping Campaigns
Create a frictionless mobile shopping experience
A seamless end-to-end mobile shopping experience is essential for capturing mobile shoppers. When your customers click on a Shopping ad, they expect to find relevant information and an easy checkout process. The single greatest impact that you have on shaping your customer’s mobile shopping experience is through your product landing pages. Follow these top tips for optimising your landing page experience for mobile. For a more comprehensive guide, check out the 25 design principles for retail mobile sites or apps.
Use mobile-optimised landing pages or responsive design
- Use the Mobile-Friendly Test to identify opportunities for improving your product landing pages on mobile. Test your landing page with the Mobile-Friendly Test.
- If your website doesn’t have responsive design, provide mobile-optimised versions of your product landing pages in the mobile_link attribute of your product data.
- Check out other retailers’ mobile sites for ideas on how to make your own landing pages better.
Taking these measures will ensure that your website is always configured and displayed in the best format to create a better mobile shopping experience.
Decrease page loading times
Users will bounce from a website if it takes too long to load. 69% of mobile consumers say that a fast mobile experience is critical when interacting with brands, but only 52% of brands offer fast loading digital content regardless of the device used.1 You may be losing valuable mobile shoppers and potentially harming your brand. Page speed is an essential part of shaping your customers’ mobile shopping experience.
- Use the PageSpeed Insights tool to analyse your landing pages for opportunities to decrease your page loading times. Learn how to improve your page speed.
Remove pop-ups or other interstitials
Shoppers will grow frustrated if they come across pop-ups, registration requirements or other interstitials before they can continue onto your product landing page.
- Avoid using pop-ups or other interstitials. Give shoppers the information they’re looking for right away. Read more about helping users access your content on mobile.
- Your product image, title, description and pre-selected variant should match between your Shopping ad and product landing page. Being consistent and relevant before and after a click will create a smooth experience for your customers.
Reduce buying friction
Mobile devices are no longer just a research tool for shoppers. Consumers are growing more comfortable with making purchases straight from their smartphones. In fact, over 40% of online transactions are on mobile.2 When your customers are ready to buy, make sure that you’re there to seal the deal with a quick and simple transaction experience.
- Offer the option to check out as a guest and encourage registrations with tangible benefits.
- Provide a one-click purchasing process with autofill fields for your mobile shoppers. Make it easy for your customers to complete their purchase.
- Sign up for Shopping Actions to enable instant checkout across Google surfaces (available in US and FR only).
- Embrace third-party tools and services if you’re short on resources to accelerate your mobile checkout flow, like Google Pay.
Every step that you take to improve your transaction process will boost your customers’ mobile shopping experience and increase your mobile conversion rates. Get more best practices for checkout and payments.
1. Google/Greenberg Strategy, Google Connected Consumer, U.S., 2018, n=1103, Age18-54, Smartphone users | Google/Brian Solis, Assistance Economy, U.S., 2018, n=308, Senior marketing decision makers (C-Suite, VP, SVP, Director), Advertising/marketing/customer experience/e-commerce/mobile, responsible for mobile website or messaging app, Company>500 people
2. Google / Ipsos, Jan. 2019, Playbook Omnibus 2019, n=1,610 US online smartphone users, A18+