About Performance Planner
Performance Planner is a tool that lets you create plans for your advertising spend, and see how changes to campaigns might affect key metrics and overall performance.
Using Performance Planner, you can:
- Create a plan to see forecasts for your campaigns.
- Explore your forecast by adjusting different campaign settings.
- Quickly implement changes prescribed by your plan.
- See your campaigns' projected monthly and quarterly performance.
- Get suggestions that can help your campaigns perform better for the same spend.
- Find out how your spend and performance goals are affected if you change your campaign settings.
How it works
To give you the most accurate forecasts possible, Performance Planner takes into account billions of search queries, and is usually updated every 24 hours. Performance Planner then simulates relevant ad auctions in aggregate, including variables like seasonality, competitor activity, landing page, etc. It then forecasts conversions based on the conversion types in the “Conversions” column of your Google Ads performance reports. Learn more about account, campaign, and ad group performance
After running simulations and collecting data, Performance Planner uses machine learning to fine-tune your forecasts. To keep suggested budgets as accurate as possible, Performance Planner also continuously measures the accuracy of its forecasts across 1-, 7-, 30-, and 90-day periods.
See the table below to find out if your campaigns are eligible to use Performance Planner.
|Eligible campaigns||Ineligible campaigns|