App campaigns for engagement help you to re-engage customers who have installed your app, and encourage them to take specific in-app actions. Your ads can appear across Google Search, Google Play, YouTube, and within other apps on the Display Network. This article shows how to create an App campaign for engagement.
Before you begin
To create an App campaign for engagement, you’ll need to provide text, image assets, and videos (optional). Learn more about Asset requirements for App campaigns for engagement
As well as providing assets, you’ll need to make sure your campaigns:
- Have a Universal Link (iOS), an App Link (Android), or custom scheme (both). Learn more about Deep links.
- Use an audience list of app users. Learn how to Add, edit, or remove audiences for App campaigns for engagement.
- Have mobile app conversion tracking set up, and use Firebase or a supported third-party to track conversions.
- Have conversions from Firebase or App Attribution Partners (AAPs) set up properly. Learn how to do this for each AAP.
- It is strongly recommended to run App campaigns for installs and App campaigns for engagement campaigns in separate accounts to avoid reductions of conversion scale for the install campaigns.
- In the page menu on the left, click Campaigns.
- Click the plus button , and then select + New campaign.
- Click the App promotion goal, then the App campaign type.
- Under "Select a campaign subtype," choose App engagement.
- Select your app's platform.
- Under “Look up your app,” enter your app name, package name, or publisher, then select your app from the list that appears.
- Click Continue.
- Enter a name for your campaign, and choose your locations, languages, and budget.
- Choose which in-app actions you want to optimize your campaign for, and then enter a target Cost-Per-Action (target CPA).
Note: We recommend aligning your Target CPA with the value of the in-app actions that you’re optimizing for. Learn more About bidding for App campaigns for engagement.
- (optional) Change the start and end dates for your campaign.
- (optional) Under Show advanced settings, use either business data feeds or Google Merchant Center feeds to show specific content from within your app to create more customized and better targeted ads. Learn more about feeds for App campaign ads
- Click Save and continue.
- (optional) Change the default name of your ad group.
Note: You can create more ad groups later if you’d like.
- Under “App URL,” choose or enter the destination deep link for your ad.
- Enter your ad headlines and descriptions, then choose images and (optional) videos for your ads.
- Choose the audiences that you’d like to target.
Note: If you haven’t already created an audience list, learn how to Create an audience list for App campaigns for engagement.
- Click Save and continue.