Edit your business listing on Google
Make sure that your business information on Google is accurate and up to date by editing your Google My Business listing. You can change your address, hours, contact info and photos to help potential customers find you and learn more about your business.
If you haven’t already, add or claim your business, then verify your business listing so that it's eligible to appear on Search, Maps and other Google services. Your edits won’t appear live on Google until you verify your listing.
If you manage 10 or more locations of the same business, you can upload and edit business information in bulk. Learn more about bulk location management.
New to Google My Business? Get started managing your business information for free.
To use a computer to edit your business information on Google, follow these steps:
- Sign in to Google My Business.
- If you have multiple locations, open the location that you'd like to manage.
- Click Info from the menu.
- Click the section that you want to change, then enter the new information in the box that appears. To remove a section, next to the section, click Remove . Bear in mind:
- Removing information that you’ve previously added could take up to 60 days.
- You can't remove information that’s also publicly available or from other sources.
- You can't edit editorial summaries or keywords from the web that appear next to your business.
- Click Apply.
Edit your info with the mobile app
To edit your business information using the mobile app, follow these steps:
- On your phone or tablet, open Google My Business .
- Tap Profile.
- Tap Edit .
- Then, tap Edit for the section that you'd like to change.
- In the screen that appears, enter your new information.
- When you’ve finished editing your business information, tap Apply.
Edit your info from your Business Profile on Google Maps
If you’re an owner or manager of a business who have one or more verified listings, you can edit your info directly from your Business Profile on the Google Maps Android app:
- On your Android device, open Google Maps .
- To open your Business Profile, enter your business name in the search bar.
- In the toolbar, tap Edit info.
- When you’ve finished, in the top right-hand corner, tap Submit .
You can see your edits on your Business Profile immediately.
If you remove information that you previously added about your business, it could take up to 60 days to remove it from our active servers, and it may remain in our backup systems longer. You can't remove information that you’ve added that’s also available publicly or from other sources.
Closed or moved business
To mark your business as permanently closed, follow these steps.
If your business has moved to a new location, update your business address. Don't create a new listing if your business has moved from one place to another. Learn more about moving a business on Google.
Report a problem with someone else’s business
To report something wrong with a business that you don’t own or manage, use Google Maps.
The following are some helpful tips for the types of information that you can add or edit on your Google business listing:Business name
Enter your business name exactly as it appears in the real world across signage, stationery and other branding. If you change your business name after requesting a verification letter, you must verify your business again. Learn more about Google My Business quality guidelines.
Choose the category that best matches your business. All locations of a business must share a Primary category. Choose a category that's as specific as possible, and representative of your main business. If you enter several categories, the category entered in the first field will be your primary category.
You can choose up to 9 more categories. If you have trouble choosing a category for your business, choose one that’s general. Bear in mind:
- Do not use categories solely as keywords or to describe attributes of your business.
- Don't use categories that match other nearby or related businesses, such as a business that’s located inside your business’s physical location, or an entity that contains your business.
Learn more about business categories.
Enter the complete and exact address for your business location. Learn more about address entry guidelines. If you don't serve customers at your business address, leave the address field blank.
If you change your address after you request a verification letter, you have to verify your business again.
If your business serves customers within a specific local area, enter your service area. Listing your service area helps customers know where you'll go to visit or deliver to them.
You can set your service area based on the cities, postcodes or other areas that you serve. Learn about how to set your service area.
Add the hours that your business is open (i.e. the normal customer-facing hours of operation for a typical week). For days when you have unusual hours, such as holidays or special events, set special hours. Learn more about hours guidelines.
To set hours, follow these steps:
- Sign in to Google My Business. If you have multiple locations, open the location that you'd like to manage.
- Click Info from the menu.
- Next to 'Add hours' or your current opening hours, click Hours .
- Turn on each day of the week that your business is open.
- Next to each day of the week that your business is open, click Opens at, and then select the opening time.
- Next to each day of the week that your business is open, click Closes at, and then select the closing time.
- After you’ve finished setting your hours, click Apply.
Set business hour breaks
To indicate that your working hours include a break, create 2 entries for the same day with different times.
For example, if your business is open from 9.00 a.m. – 2.00 p.m. on Saturdays, closed from 2.00 p.m – 5.00 p.m, then open again from 5.00 p.m. – 10.00 p.m.:
- Turn on Saturday.
- Next to 'Saturday', click Opens at 9.00 a.m.
- Next to 'Saturday', click Closes at 2.00 p.m.
- Next to 'Saturday', click Opens at 5.00 p.m.
Next to 'Saturday', click Closes at 10.00 p.m.
Set 24-hour opening hours
Next to each day of the week that your business is open, click Opens at 24 hours.
Set special hours
To change your hours for holidays or other temporary periods, follow these steps.
In addition to your primary business phone number, you can enter up to 2 more phone numbers (mobile or landline only, no fax).
Enter your business’s website. Make sure that:
- Googlebot isn't blocked on your site.
- You've checked Search Console for any possible penalties to your site
Depending on your business category, you may see options to add additional links, like online orders, reservations and appointments.
To add a website to your listing, follow the steps below:
- Sign in to Google My Business.
- If you have multiple locations, open the location that you'd like to manage. Click Info from the menu.
- Next to 'Add URL', click Website .
- Enter your URLs in the appropriate fields. Note: If you add a menu, it must meet the Google My Business menu URL guidelines to be eligible to appear in your listing.
- Click Apply.
Attributes tell customers more about your business (e.g. 'Has Wi-Fi', 'Offers outdoor seating', etc.). You can edit certain factual attributes (like outdoor seating), while subjective attributes (like whether your business is popular with locals) rely on the opinions of Google users who've visited your business.
To add or remove attributes available for your business category, click Attributes .
Note: If you own or manage a doctor listing, you can edit your gender information in Attributes . If you want to remove your gender information, contact us.
To add and manage photos of your business, follow these steps.
Enter a brief description of your business – what you offer, what sets you apart, your history or anything else that's helpful for customers to know. Focus primarily on details about your business instead of details about promotions, prices or sales. Don't include URLs or HTML code, or exceed 750 characters in the description field. For the full list of guidelines, read business description guidelines.
Example: We're an independent ice cream shop located steps from the centre of town, and are proud to be the favourite for locals to meet friends for a cone or call for a fresh pizza, delivered straight to their home. We serve 35 flavours of home-made, hand-churned ice creams and sorbets year-round and the pizza oven churns out delicious hot pies every day from midday until closing time. Come and see us today!
Add an opening date to your Google My Business listing to tell customers when your business first opened, or will open, at its address.
Only the year and month of your opening date are required. You can enter a date up to one year in the future, but it won't show on Google until 90 days before the date.
List your menu items or services, along with their prices. Group items or services into sections to keep your menu organised. When customers find your business listing on Google, they'll see your menu items listed under either 'Menu' or 'Services'.
This feature is available to food and drink, health and beauty, and services businesses that don't already have a menu or services list provided by a third party.
Any check-in and check-out times entered by the business will be viewable on their business listing.
To ensure that hotel listings are accurate, Google also collects check-in and check-out information from a variety of trusted sources (e.g. user reports and licensed content). Business owners can choose whether to automatically accept these updates.