Add or edit your business address
Are you a plumber, pizza delivery company, or other business that serves customers at their location? Follow these steps to hide your address on Maps.
To verify your business, you must enter a business address that Google can locate. Make sure your address follows the address guidelines so it can be accurately displayed on Maps. When entering your address:
- Enter the complete and exact street address for your location. For example: "1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA, 94043".
- Include suite numbers, floors, building numbers, etc.
- Only include information that is part of your official address. Information like cross-streets and nearby landmarks should only be included in regions where the official street address doesn’t accurately pinpoint your location. For example, adding, "Corner of Main St. and Washington Ave." or “Across from Central Park” should be avoided when possible.
To add or edit your business address:
- Sign in to Google My Business.
- If you have multiple locations, open the location you'd like to manage.
- Click the Address field.
- Enter your address following the guidelines above, then click Apply.
- If we can't find your address, you’ll see a red Set marker location button appear over a map of your city on the right side of the window. Click Set marker location.
- A map with a red pin to represent your business location will appear. You can click and drag this pin on the map. Place the pin at the center of your location. (For example, if you manage a store that’s located in a strip mall, place the pin in the center of your shop inside the mall.) Use the + and - buttons at the top left of the screen to zoom in and out.
- Once you're sure that you've pinpointed the center of your location, click OK. Note that your edits may be reviewed for quality before being published.