Set special hours
For days when your business has an irregular schedule, like holidays or special events, you can enter special hours in advance. If you schedule special hours, your regular hours remain in place for all other days.
If you schedule special hours for an official holiday, users will be told that those hours are scheduled specifically for the holiday. If a location doesn't provide special hours for these days on Google My Business, users on Maps and Search will be warned that the location's hours may differ on designated holidays.
It's a good idea to confirm your hours for official holidays even if those hours are the same as your regular hours. This way, you'll make it clear to customers that your holiday hours are accurate.
See the list of region-specific holidays on Google. Special hours can only be entered if you've already provided regular hours.
To set special hours:
- Sign in to Google My Business.
- For a single location:
- From card view, choose the listing you’d like to set special hours for and click Manage location. If you’re viewing your locations as a list instead of cards, switch to card view by clicking the cards icon on the right side above your locations.
- Click Info from the menu on the left side of the page.
- From list view, select the locations you’d like to set special hours for. If you’re viewing your locations as cards instead of a list, switch to list view by clicking the list icon on the right side above your locations.
- Click the pencil icon in the top-right corner of the page.
- Click the Special hours section.
- Click Confirm hours next to an upcoming holiday. Or click Add new date to choose a different date.
- Enter the opening and closing times for that day.
- Slide the circle to “Closed” to indicate that the location is closed all day.
- If you're open 24 hours, click Opens at and select 24 hours from the dropdown menu that appears.
- If you enter closing hours past midnight, make sure to set them properly.
When you’ve finished entering all of your special hours, click Apply. Your special hours will appear to customers on Google only for the designated days.
For two sets of special hours on the same day, enter them in separate rows. For instance, if your business is open for a period in the morning, closes for lunch, and reopens in the afternoon, enter these special hours in two rows. Click Add hours to add an additional row of hours.
If you’re only adding special hours to existing locations and don’t want to make other changes, you may include only the store code and special hours columns, and not include other columns on the spreadsheet at all. If you include empty columns (columns with headings but no information beneath them) in your spreadsheet, existing information for those columns will be erased. If you add a new location as well, you’ll be alerted that you’re missing required column headings.
To add special hours:
- In your bulk upload spreadsheet, locate the “Special hours” column.
- Enter the affected days and their special hours in the following format, with “x” to designate an all-day closure. You can enter hours in 24-hour format:
or AM/PM format:
Separate each set of hours with a comma. To enter multiple sets of opening hours in one day, separate the sets into two entries, with a comma in between. For example, the following represents hours for a business that’s open for two distinct periods on December 26, 2015:
2015-11-26: x, 2015-12-25: x, 2015-12-26: 10:00-16:00, 2015-12-26: 17:00-18:00, 2016-1-1: 00:00-00:00
- Save and import your spreadsheet. Your special hours will appear to customers on Google only for the designated days.
- On the “Edit business info” screen, scroll down and tap Add special hours. If some special hours already exist for your listing, tap your existing hours beside the special hours icon .
- Select the day for which the first set of special hours applies.
- Enter the special opening and closing times. You can also select “Open 24 hours” if your business is open all day, or “Closed” if your business is closed all day.
- Tap Ok.
- To add more special hours, tap Add hours.
- When you’re done setting all special hours, tap Save in the top right corner of the “Edit special hours” screen.
If a set of special hours extends through midnight and up to or past noon on the next day, you should break the hours into multiple sets: one that runs until the end of the first day, and one that begins at midnight of the second day. A set of special hours should not exceed 24 hours.
For example, if your business is open from 7:00PM on one day until 5:00PM the next day, enter your hours as follows:
2015-11-26: 19:00-00:00, 2015-11-27: 00:00-17:00
In this case, your regular hours for the second day will be ignored in favor of the special hours. If you want to keep any of the next day's hours, make sure to enter them again in your list of special hours: