To help attract local customers to your brick and mortar store, showcase your products on Google with Pointy.
When you add in-store products, it may help:
- Increase your store’s visibility: Your in-store products can appear in search results and on your Business Profile on Google Search and Maps, so customers know what you sell before they visit your store.
- Show customers what’s available in your store: Many customers use Google to check whether stores near them stock the products they want. When you add your products to Google, they can easily check if the product is available in your store.
How Pointy works
You can add your in-store products to Google with Pointy at no charge. Pointy will set up a Merchant Center account and create product feeds for you.
To add in-store products to Pointy:
- Plug the Pointy box between your barcode scanner and point of sale system so that it can add your products to Google.
- Scan your products at your register as usual. As you scan them, Pointy matches the product image and name from the UPC/EAN barcode and adds it to Google. You don’t need to do any manual data entry.
- Your in-store products will show up on your Business Profile and can appear in search results, which helps more people to find you.
Tip: Pointy is available as a downloadable app at no charge. The app works on some point of sale systems, including Clover, Square, and Lightspeed. If the app is available for your point of sale system, you don’t need the Pointy box. To check if the Pointy app works for your store, contact the Pointy team.
Pointy is generally available for:
- Businesses in the US, CA, UK, IE, and AU.
- Retailers with physical stores who use wired barcode scanners or compatible point of sale systems and sell products with manufacturer (UPC/EAN) barcodes. To check technical requirements, contact the Pointy team.
Tip: Some Pointy functionality may only be available in certain countries.
Pointy manager access
When you sign up, Pointy may ask to be added as a manager for your Business Profile. Manager access turns on the See What's In Store experience and links Pointy and Business Profile. Pointy won’t make any changes to your Business Profile account.
Depending on how you signed up for Pointy, you'll either manage your products directly on your Business Profile or on Pointy.com.
Pointy allows automated submission of products to Google. You can also submit items manually one by one with Product Editor. If you manually add products and sign up for Pointy, the manually uploaded products will be replaced. However, your manual contributions will be stored until Pointy has submitted more products than you manually uploaded.