Edit info about a place
You can tell us if you see wrong information about a place, like:
- It's permanently closed, moved, or it doesn't exist
- The name is wrong
- The address or marker location is wrong
- The category is wrong (like "clothing store" or "toy store")
- The phone number, website, or hours are wrong
- You can only suggest an edit in some countries and regions.
- Learn how to edit info about a business you own.
Suggest an edit
- On your computer, open Google Maps and make sure you're signed in.
- Search for a place or click it on the map.
- On the left, scroll down and select Suggest an edit. If you're using Maps in Lite mode, you can't suggest edits.
- Follow the instructions.
- Click Submit.
How long it takes for corrections to be published
We review your edits, so your changes might take some time to be updated on the map. Google may email you about the status of your edits and may forward you questions from other people who review your edits.
What makes a good edit
Use the official or primary name for a place. Don’t add any extra comments in the name field.
Enter a readable address. If Maps suggests an address that’s incomplete, add additional details in the address.
When you move a marker, make sure you zoom in far enough and switch to satellite view. This will help you see buildings and move the marker on the building where the place is.
Use specific categories when describing a place. For example, use "Clothing store" instead of "Store".
Enter the hours a place is open. You can add different hours for different days of the week.
Use the primary phone number. Check that the number you suggested is correct first.
Use the official website. Don’t include links to social networking sites, review aggregators, or other similar websites.