This article outlines your different options for exporting historical data from Universal Analytics before the platform turndown on July 1, 2024. This article also covers important milestones for the July 1, 2023 sunset for standard Universal Analytics properties.
Finish preparing for the Universal Analytics sunset
- If you're an Analytics 360 customer with both standard and 360 properties, you'll have two sunset dates, one for standard properties and one for 360 properties.
- If you haven’t migrated to Google Analytics 4, use the GA4 Setup Assistant to create a Google Analytics 4 property and follow these steps to get set up. You need to finish migrating to Google Analytics 4 before the Universal Analytics sunset.
- If you're bidding on Universal Analytics conversions in Google Ads, switch to bidding on Google Analytics 4 conversions.
- If you're using Universal Analytics audiences in Google Ads, add your Google Analytics 4 audiences to the ad group or campaign.
- Standard properties: Although we recommend manually migrating your Universal Analytics settings to Google Analytics 4, as a last resort, Analytics will automatically create a Google Analytics 4 property for you.
- 360 customers: Sign your Google Analytics 4 contract in 2023 and speak with your Google Team or Partner.
- Benefit from a new entry price that scales efficiently as your business grows.
- Google Analytics 4 360 provides the right level of governance, is customizable to the needs of your team, and provides enterprise performance and supportability.
Sunset for standard Universal Analytics properties begins July 1, 2023
- After sunset, and until platform turndown, you will have your existing access roles and be able to query historical data and reports in the user interface. You'll also be able to export your data (see solutions below).
- However, there will be no new data after property sunset:
- No data processing
- No updated reports and metrics with post-sunset data
- No bidding, audience, or conversion data sent to Google Ads or to third-party integrations
- If you have a current Universal Analytics 360 contract, you can continue creating standard Universal Analytics properties and upgrading them to 360, which will enable data processing.
Sunset for Universal Analytics 360 properties and the Universal Analytics platform turndown is July 1, 2024
- Turndown is the same date for standard and 360 properties. You'll lose access to the Universal Analytics user interface on July 1, 2024.
- Any time before turndown, you can use one or more of the solutions below to export historical data from Universal Analytics. Solutions are available today for standard and 360, unless otherwise noted.
- 360 only: BigQuery Export to Cloud storage and connect to a data-visualization tool
- Reporting APIs to Cloud storage and connect to Looker Studio. Learn more about available dimensions and metrics, APIs, and API quotas
- CSV download of reports
- Google Sheets add-on for Analytics