- Privacy-focused and durable for the future
- Intelligent, using machine learning to unearth insights about the customer journey across platforms and devices
- Enhanced, seamless integrations with Google's advertising platforms to optimize campaign performance and drive greater marketing ROI
Read the announcement to learn more.
Things to know
- Google Analytics 4 is replacing Universal Analytics. Which do I have?
- On July 1, 2023, standard Universal Analytics properties will no longer process data. You'll be able to see your Universal Analytics reports for a period of time after July 1, 2023. However, new data will only flow into Google Analytics 4 properties. Learn more
To use the new Google Analytics, set up a Google Analytics 4 property for your website and/or app. You'll need the Editor role on the Google Analytics account.
- If you're brand new to Google Analytics, create an account and set up a Google Analytics 4 property.
- If you already have a Universal Analytics property, add a Google Analytics 4 property to your existing setup. When you click GA4 Setup Assistant, you create a Google Analytics 4 property that collects data alongside your existing Universal Analytics property. Your Universal Analytics property is left unchanged and continues to collect data—you can always access it via the property selector or Admin screen.
- If you use a website builder platform that requires you to provide a "UA-" ID (i.e., won't accept a "G-" ID), you can still use Google Analytics 4. You'll need to paste the global site tag (gtag.js) snippet manually into your website builder's/CMS's custom HTML field. Select your website builder from this table for platform-specific instructions.
Use the Setup Assistant in the new Google Analytics 4 property to complete property configuration.
Once your new property is set up and data is flowing in, you can begin exploring:
- View the Realtime report to see data coming in from the last 30 minutes
- Find your way around Google Analytics 4 properties to search, edit, and share reports
- Take the Skillshop Course to discover what’s new with Google Analytics
- Visit Google Analytics 4 Training and Support to see more resources