Use this article to stay up to date with the latest creator updates. For other topics, check out these articles:
Updates from the past 2 weeks
- Dream Track: Dream Track in Shorts is an experimental song creation tool that allows creators to create a unique 30-second soundtrack with the voices of participating artists. It brings together the expertise of Google DeepMind and YouTube’s most innovative researchers with the expertise of our music industry partners, to open up new ways for creators on Shorts to create and engage with artists. This feature is currently only available to a limited set of creators in the United States and on certain mobile devices. We hope to incorporate feedback from this experiment into potential product opportunities that could benefit artists and creators. Global audiences can use the soundtracks as-is to remix them into their own Shorts.
- Showcase links on your channel: Creator links on the channel Home tab are now displayed prominently on the Channel profile header near the "Subscribe" button. Creators will no longer be able to display links in the banner.
- Simplified YouTube channel Home tab: The updated YouTube channel Home tab hides empty tabs and removes the "About" and the "Channels" tabs for a simplified user experience. Information that was previously available on these tabs is available in other places on your channel. You can find your channel description in the channel header, and any featured channels on the Home tab.
- “For you” section: The “For you” section on your channel Home tab lets you share a mix of content from your channel that is personalized to individual viewers. You can start preparing the “For you” section on your channel starting November 8, 2023. Your audience will see it starting November 20, 2023. Learn more.
- Metrics by content type: You can now view new and returning viewer analytics by content type to learn which form(s) of content they interact with on your channel. Learn more.
- Buy on Google for YouTube is going away: Starting on October 26th, 2023, Buy on Google for YouTube, the in-app checkout feature on YouTube, will no longer be available in the United States. Any orders made on or before October 25th, 2023 will still be fulfilled. We will be prioritizing other ways to make sure we’re providing helpful onsite checkout experiences for our retailers, creators, and viewers in the near future.
- Download YouTube Create: YouTube Create lets you edit videos on your Android device free of charge. Import videos to add text, effects, and transitions. Then, publish videos directly to your channel. Learn how to enhance your videos with YouTube Create.
Updates from the past 6 months
- Clips in YouTube Studio: Creators can now view, manage and share Clips in YouTube Studio. Learn more.
- Linking changes on YouTube: To reduce spam and scam attempts, links in YouTube Shorts comments and Shorts descriptions will be non-clickable starting August 31, 2023–this change will roll out gradually. We're also retiring banner links on August 10, 2023, and introducing a new way to showcase important links on your channel page. You can start preparing channel profile links on August 10, and your audience will see them starting August 23. Learn more about this change.
- New advanced feature on YouTube: Starting August 17, 2023, you can edit your Shorts to include a link to a video from your channel. The link will be visible in the Shorts player to help direct viewers from your Shorts to your other YouTube content. Learn more.
- Expansion of channel permissions: Permission users can take actions for your channel directly on YouTube in addition to YouTube Studio. Now, delegate users with manager or editor access can create a Short, add a post, manage a playlist, or comment on any YouTube video as the owner. Learn more.
- YouTube Shopping affiliate program now available to all eligible US creators: As of June 13, 2023, the YouTube Shopping affiliate program is now available in the US to all creators meeting the eligibility criteria. For background, the YouTube Shopping affiliate program allows creators to tag products featured in their videos from popular brands and retailers. Learn more.
- 25% off a product from your Spring store: We’re funding a discount of 25% off any product from your Spring store. This promotion is on a first come, first serve basis and is only available for a limited amount of time. To take advantage of this promotion, get your code and start tagging your products in content to share the promo with fans.
- Merch end screens going away: At YouTube, we want to ensure you’re putting effort into features that drive engagement with your products so you can grow your business. To continue improving the Shopping experience for creators and viewers, end screens will no longer be supported. To get engagement with your products, create content that shows their value and tag the products featured so your audience can shop.
- New revenue breakdowns in YouTube Analytics: You can now go to the Revenue tab in YouTube Analytics to see your revenue broken down by Watch Page Ads, Shorts Feed Ads, Memberships, Supers, Connected Stores, and Shopping Affiliates. Learn more.
- New formats your viewers watch report in YouTube Studio: In the Audience tab, you can now find a report showing which formats (of Video, Shorts & Live) your audience watched most often on other channels in the last 28 days. This data can help inform your content strategy. Learn more.
- Stories no longer available starting June 26: Starting June 26th, Stories will no longer be available, and any Stories that you’ve posted on June 26th will expire 7 days after they were originally shared. YouTube will be prioritizing other key features to help you be more successful and grow your community. Views accrued from Stories will still display in YouTube Analytics. Learn more.
Become a podcast creator on YouTube: Creators can now upload podcasts in YouTube Studio. Podcasts are included in YouTube Music, receive badging, and are eligible to be featured on youtube.com/podcasts. Learn how to create podcasts and get started.
- Reactions available in live chat on iPhones & iPads: As viewers watch a live stream on an iPhone or iPad, they can respond in the moment by tapping the reaction that corresponds to how they’re feeling. Learn more.
- Clips Remix: You can now remix clips into Shorts. Click here to learn about creating Shorts with remixed content.
- Channel permissions available in YouTube Studio app: You can now manage your delegates via channel permissions in the YouTube Studio app. Delegates can now take actions in Studio on a computer, in the Studio app, or in the YouTube app. Learn more.