YouTube Studio beta analytics basics
You can monitor the performance of your channel and videos with up-to-date metrics and reports in YouTube Analytics.
This article is about analytics basics in YouTube Studio beta. You can find out about YouTube Analytics basics in Creator Studio Classic in this article.
Get to YouTube Analytics
- Sign in to YouTube Studio beta. If you haven't tried the beta, learn more.
- In the left menu, click Analytics.
In the analytics section, you’ll see different tabs. Apart from the overview tab, each tab is curated to help you see data that’s most relevant to your goals.
- Top videos: Your videos ranked by watchtime
- Latest activity: Your performance over the last 48 hours
- Traffic source types: Where viewers found your videos on YouTube
- Top external sources: Traffic from websites and apps that have your YouTube video embedded or linked to
- Impressions and how they led to watch time: How many people saw your video on YouTube and who then went on to watch the video
- Top YouTube search terms: Search terms that led viewers to your videos
- Top videos: Your videos with the most watch time over the last 28 days
- Top playlists: Your playlists with the most watch time over the last 28 days
Build an audience
- Watch time from subscribers: Watch time of your videos, and if the largest portion comes from subscribers or non-subscribers
- Top countries: Your content's audience by country. Data is based on IP address
- Top subtitle/CC languages: Your channel's audience by subtitled language. Data is based on usage of subtitles/CC
- Gender: Your content's audience by gender. Data is based on logged-in viewers across all devices
- Age: Your content's audience by age. Data is based on logged-in viewers across all devices
- Monthly estimated revenue: How much your channel has earned in the last six months. For ongoing months and months without finalized payments, revenue is estimated and subject to change.
- Top-earning videos: Videos with the highest estimated revenue for the time period
- Revenue sources: How you’re making money with YouTube
- Ad types: The format of the ad and its buying platform. This breakdown is only available for YouTube ad revenue and impression-based metrics