Healthcare providers like doctors, therapists and other medical practitioners can use Google My Business to claim and manage their practice’s info. GMB offers the option to add details about services like telemedicine and personalise your Business Profiles on Google Search and Maps.
From a verified GMB account, owners and administrators of practices can engage with and update current patients, and attract potential new patients.
Choose the info that patients find in your Business Profile
- Manage information like opening hours and phone numbers.
- Add links to book online appointments and virtual care.
- Add health services offered, like house calls, diagnostics and procedures.
- Engage with patients.
- Post high-quality photos to show patients what to expect before they arrive. Add educational pictures and diagrams to help them learn more about what types of health services you provide.
- Control access to your business profiles with location groups.
How patients find your info
When patients search for a healthcare provider on Google, your Business Profile may appear in their search results. Factors like search relevance, distance and your practice’s prominence determine whether your information appears in a search.
The information your Business Profile displays for your practice may include:
- Phone number
- Customer reviews
- Short summary of your business
A verified Google My Business account helps control the number of duplicate Business Profiles that display for your business. Although most duplicates will be resolved in the bulk verification process, you can also flag business profiles for removal.
Manage your Business ProfileVerify your business and take ownership of account access
- Claim a Business Profile that’s already on Google Maps: If someone else owns your business or you want to transfer ownership of your Business Profile, request a transfer. You can also add new members to manage your profile. This might be other healthcare providers in a group, practice administrators, medical receptionists or medical office managers.
- Create profiles for practices with future open dates: Businesses set to open within 90 days can create and verify profiles. Learn how to add a business before it opens.
- Verify locations in bulk: Healthcare providers and medical groups with more than 10 locations can instantly update and verify all of their profiles with a single spreadsheet upload.
- Rebrand your business: If the name of your business has changed, you can change your profile info. Learn more about whether your business is eligible to rebrand. If your business has significantly changed its identity, mark your existing locations as closed and create new locations.
- Resolve ownership conflicts: To claim or verify any Service Area Business (SAB) profiles that appear as 'Access needed' in your account, contact support.
Practices can add an 'Online care' attribute. This attribute lets patients easily find your Business Profile on Google when they search for care options.
You can add links for virtual care and appointments to direct patients to those pages on your website or your practice’s profile on a 3P virtual care site.
We use many different sources to collect information about what a business offers. If you find the links or attributes for your practice are incorrect, learn more about attributes and how to edit them.
Important: Insurance information is available for select merchants in the US only. It displays for merchants whose insurance availability is provided to Google.
On your Business Profile on Google Search, under your business hours, a 'Check insurance info' link might display. We automatically include this link if we identify insurance availability through our third-party provider. The link opens an 'Insurance information' page that lists the health insurance providers your business accepts.
Remove insurance information
To remove these details, send the Google Health team feedback. It may take up to three working days for the team to take action.
- On your phone, use Google Search to go to your Business Profile.
- Under your business’s hours, tap Check insurance info.
- At the bottom, tap Send feedback.
- Type your feedback into the form
- Tap Send .
- On your computer, use Google Search to go to your Business Profile.
- Under your business’s hours, click Check insurance info.
- At the bottom of the pop-up window, click Send feedback.
- Type your feedback into the form
- Click Send .
Tip: You can include a screenshot in your feedback.
Practices can list their services on their Business Profile on Google. The services editor is available if you don't already have a services list provided by a third party.
You may find an option to add the services you offer, along with their descriptions and prices. To keep your services list organised, group services into sections.
When patients find your profile on Google, they'll find your services listed under 'Services'.
You can choose what to offer from suggested types of services. If the type of service isn't listed, you can add your own custom services, like 'conditions treated', 'house calls' or 'nutrition counselling'.
To increase awareness of your practice and help your patients stay updated and engaged:
- Create posts: Help keep your patients up to date about major health events, new or popular services like telemedicine, and public health and educational messages.
- Add a site manager: To help manage your Business Profiles, site managers can edit business info and details, manage posts, respond to reviews, post photos and Q&As, and download insights.
- Write a summary: Google Maps may provide a short summary of what your practice offers. If you find any of this information to be incorrect, contact us and we’ll make the changes for you.
- Add a brief description of your business: Include your education, licence, awards and other credentials, conditions or procedures that you specialise in, or anything else that's helpful for patients to know.
- Set special opening hours: For holidays, special events, days with an irregular schedule or non-persistent closures, you can enter special hours in advance. Your regular hours will remain in place for all other days.
- Create booking links: Offer a way for patients to visit your appointment booking site. Enable patients to request an appointment through Google Forms with G Suite. US providers may also review and accept a HIPAA Business Associate Agreement (BAA) with Google and explore Google Meet for telemedicine.
We use many different sources to collect information about what a business offers. If you find that the attributes for your practice are incorrect, contact support to address the issue.
Some attributes, such as 'has Wi-Fi' or 'Wheelchair accessible', are editable by the business owner. Learn more about attributes that you can edit.
Tip: If you own or manage a doctor’s profile, you can edit your gender information in Attributes .
Important: We can’t guarantee that location information will show up when your business is searched.
Some individual providers are in a group office or clinic, or their practice is in a complex, such as a medical building or facility already listed on Google My Business. In this case, you can request to have this information displayed in your Business Profile.
This feature is useful for individual healthcare providers and practices that don’t display signage on the exterior of the building that they occupy.