Your Business Profile can include 2 types of links that make it easier for customers to learn more about your business. They can also take action directly from your profile on Google Maps or Search.
You can add a single link that helps customers:
- View a menu
- Learn more about COVID-19 related information
- Review a list of services (i.e., telemedicine or virtual)
Or, you can add up to 10 links per category, to help customers take actions. Among these links, you can choose a preferred link that displays at the top so customers can easily find it. To set a preferred link, click the Star next to the link you chose. The links help customers:
- Book an appointment
- Make a reservation
- Place a food order
- Place a shopping order
Tip: Links to certain third-party booking services might automatically appear on Business Profiles. These links can’t be edited in Google My Business. Learn how to remove third-party links.
- Sign in to Google My Business.
- If you have multiple locations, open the location you'd like to manage.
- Click into the Info section, which lets you edit several different fields. Depending on your business category, you may get options to add more links.
- Select the type of link you want.
- Enter the links in the appropriate fields.
- For action-oriented links like an appointment, order, or reservation, you can choose a preferred link to display at the top. This option isn't available for informational links, like menu, COVID-19-related, or service links.
- Click Apply.
Retail and shopping links
If you manage multiple retail or shopping locations in the U.S., there are 2 ways you can update links. You can add links directly to your Business Profile via the Info tab in your Google My Business dashboard or you can apply to add links using Place Action feeds. To express interest in participating in the Place Actions feeds, fill out this form. Local business links are not available via the Google My Business API and spreadsheet upload.
Third-party ordering services and those who offer shopping actions must also adhere to these policies:
Place Action links must lead to a dedicated landing page for the merchant with the given store’s location pre-selected for ordering (for businesses with multiple store locations)
For delivery-only experiences, if the user cannot specify a specific location in the order flow, then the zipcode / postal code and brand of the store location must be pre-selected in the landing experience
Adherence to this policy is proactively monitored on a regular basis. Violation of the policy can result in removal of all Place Action links provided by the platform provider.
Links to certain booking and ordering services can appear automatically with your Business Profiles on Google Search and Google Maps. These links are updated automatically by third-party providers. There isn’t a way to edit or remove these links in Google My Business.
If you want to remove or fix a link in your profile:
- Contact the third-party provider’s support team or technical contact.
- Request that they remove or edit your data from the information they send Google.
- If the link violates our policies and you can't reach the third-party provider, you can contact Google My Business support.
Google works with select third-party providers that provide booking and ordering services for local businesses. Links for third-party providers display as a result of a relationship your business previously established with them. These links lead to the website of the third-party provider. From the third-party website, a customer can take an action such as “place an order” or “make an appointment or reservation.”