If your business hasn’t opened yet, you can create a Business Profile on Google to let your community know about how soon you open. Set your future opening date, engage with customers, and announce when and where you open for business.
Create a Business Profile & verify later
To make sure your business doesn’t falsely show up as open, set your future opening date before you verify. When you create your Business Profile, you can choose the "Verify later" option when you're asked to verify.
Important: For bulk verified accounts, it’s especially important to set the future opening date before verification, because these are instantly verified.
- Create your Business Profile.
- When you’re asked to verify, select More options.
- Under “Verify later,” select Later.
Set your opening date
Only the year and month of your opening date are required. You can enter a date up to one year in the future.
After you enter the date and verify your business, your profile shows up on Google 90 days prior to your opening date.
From Google My Business
- Sign in to Business Profile Manager.
- If you manage multiple businesses, open the one you want to manage.
- From the menu, click Info.
- Click Add opening date. Then, enter your opening date.
- Click Apply.
From Google Search
- On your computer, sign in to the Google Account you used to sign up for your Business Profile.
- To find your Business Profile, search on Google for your exact business name.
- You can also search for “my business.”
- To open your Business Profile, select Edit profile Business information.
- Scroll to “Opening date” and enter required fields.
- Click Save.
Engage with customers
You can engage with your community 90 days before your opening date. To create relationships with customers, you can use Business Profile features:
- Create posts: With a post you can announce your opening, keep customers updated on your business, and share an opening day discount or coupon.
- Add photos: Photos of your location can keep the community up-to-date with the progress of your store from construction to opening day.
- Include a merchant description: Explain what your business is all about, and let the community learn about your business straight from the source.
Once your business opens, your profile will show a "Recently opened" tag on Google for 90 days.