Sign up and verify your business
Sign up and double-check your business information
Sign up for Google My Business
Follow these steps to sign up:
- Go to google.com/business and click Start now at the top right corner of the page.
- Sign in to your Google account, or create one if you don’t already use Google services.
- You’ll see a map of your country with a form at the top left. Enter your business name in the first field.
- As you type, suggestions for possible matches will appear. If you see your business, select it from the suggestions.
- Complete the rest of the fields with your business information, then click Continue.
- You may see a potential matching business suggested to you. If this is your business, click it. If it’s not your business, click Keep the information I entered.
- You'll see the option to confirm that you're authorized to manage the business. If you are, check the box, then click Continue. If you aren’t authorized to manage the business, find the person in your organization who is, then continue signing up.
You may see that “Someone else has already verified this listing.” If you're the owner of the business, click Request ownership and follow the directions to claim your business. Learn more about requesting rights
Double-check your business information
No matter what you see, double-check that your business information is correct. It’s crucial that when you verify your business information—as we’ll see in a moment—everything is ready to appear live to customers across Google.
If any of your information is incorrect:
- Click Verify later.
- If you manage more than one location, click Manage location for the location you’d like to edit.
- Click Info at the top of the page.
- Click the section you’d like to change and enter your business information.
- When you’ve finished editing all of your business information, click Done editing at the bottom of the page.
Now that you’ve either claimed or created your listing, it’s time to verify your business. Once you verify, your business information will be eligible to appear across Google.