Use this article to stay up to date with all the latest YouTube Studio app updates. Learn about new updates for creator tools and features on your computer here.
Updates for this month.
- View your Artist Recap: Use your Artist Recap to celebrate milestones from throughout the year, and learn how fans engage with your music on YouTube. Then, share your accomplishments on social media using custom data cards. Learn more about your Artist Recap.
- Metrics by content type: You can now view new and returning viewer analytics by content type to learn which form(s) of content they interact with on your channel. Learn more.
- Download YouTube Create: YouTube Create lets you edit videos on your Android device free of charge. Import videos to add text, effects, and transitions. Then, publish videos directly to your channel. Learn how to enhance your videos with YouTube Create.
Watch how to use the YouTube Studio app
Subscribe to the YouTube Creators channel for the latest news, updates, and tips.
Updates from the past 6 months
- Expansion of channel permissions: Permission users can take actions for your channel directly on YouTube in addition to YouTube Studio. Now, delegate users with manager or editor access can create a Short, add a post, manage a playlist, or comment on any YouTube video as the owner. Learn more.
New shopping affiliate metrics in Studio: Within the Revenue tab on a computer or mobile device, you can now find more shopping affiliate data under “Affiliate.” These new metrics will give insight into your estimated revenue, total sales, number of orders, and overall product performance. Learn more.
New ‘Viewers across formats’ card in YouTube Analytics: In the Content tab in YouTube Analytics, you can now see if & how many of your returning viewers watch more than one format and how big the overlap is. This is available for Videos, Shorts, and Live. Learn more.
- New podcast metrics in Studio Mobile: We recently added podcast analytics in Studio Mobile. Podcast analytics provide show-level data like an overview of your podcast's performance, audience demographics and audience retention, and revenue data. Learn more.
- Channel permissions available in YouTube Studio app: Creators can now manage their delegates via channel permissions in the YouTube Studio app. Delegates can now take actions in Studio on a computer, in the Studio app, or in the YouTube app. Learn more.
- New Shorts metrics in YouTube Analytics: We recently added the “Shown in feed” and “Viewed (vs. swiped away)” Shorts metrics in the YouTube Studio app. These metrics show the number of times that viewers started to watch your Shorts and how many times viewers viewed your Shorts versus swiped away. Learn more.