Dynamic remarketing combines the reach of both web and app audiences into a single campaign.
If you have an existing dynamic remarketing for web campaign, you may use it to also reach your app users. Simply add remarketing list built around your app users to your existing campaign. You'll learn how to do this in the next step.
Create a dynamic remarketing campaign
How to create a dynamic remarketing campaign
- Sign in to your AdWords account.
- Click Campaigns from the page menu.
- Click the plus icon , then select New Campaign.
- Choose Display Network.
- Select Sales.
- Select Standard display campaign, then click Continue.
- Choose a campaign name, bid strategy and budget.
- In the Audiences section, select Remarketing and choose a remarketing list.
- Note: If you have no remarketing lists set up, we recommend that you choose the AdWords optimised list which includes users from all app and web audience sources. It's quick to set up and for many users, this option performs better than manually segmenting, because it allows auto bidding to fully optimise the data it has on all users. Please follow the below steps to set up:
- Select a specific Audience.
- Click the Custom combinations drop-down menu, then select AdWords optimised list.
- Select Done.
- Select Use a data feed for personalised ads.
- Choose the business type that represents your products or services. If your business type is retail, select Retail and link your Google Merchant Center account. If your business type isn't listed, select Other (custom option).
- Click the plus button NEW AD and create your ad.
- Select CREATE CAMPAIGN.
Note: You will be reminded to upload your feed when your campaign is ready.
Follow Google’s best practices for Display remarketing
- Use Google Tag Manager to tag your entire site for creating remarketing lists.
- Create remarketing lists that you can target with different bids or ads.
- Set your remarketing bids and formats.
- Modify your campaign’s restrictions.
- Expand your remarketing lists.
- Add custom parameters to your remarketing tag.
- Set up your business feeds.
- Read Reach Past Visitors with Display Remarketing: Google Best Practices for more detail.
Set an automated bidding strategy
- Maximise Clicks to increase site visits.
- Gain more Search visibility through Target Search Page Location.
- Gain more visibility than other domains through Target Outranking Share.
- Get the most conversions for your Target CPA.
- Manage manual bids with Enhanced cost per click (ECPC).
- Maximise Conversions to get the most out of your budget.
- Read About automated bidding for more detail.