To provide a comprehensive and consolidated view of your Audiences and make audience management and optimization simpler, you’ll see the following improvements in Google Ads:
- New audience reporting
Detailed reporting about audience demographics, segments, and exclusions is now consolidated in one place, the “Audiences” tab within the left page navigation menu. You can also easily manage your Audiences from this report page. Learn more About Audience reporting
- New terms
We’re using new terms on your audience report and throughout Google Ads. For example, “audience types” (these include similar, custom, in-market, and affinity) are now referred to as audience segments and “remarketing” is now referred to as “your data”. Learn more about the Updates to Audience terms and phrases
Show ads to people who have visited your website before. This article explains the steps you’ll need to follow to create an audience segment that includes people who have visited your website.
Before you begin
If you aren't familiar with how to set up your data segment, you should read How your data works first.
- Sign in to Google Ads.
- Click the tools icon in the top right corner of your screen.
- Under the section labeled “Shared library” click Audience manager.
- Click Audience lists from the page menu on the left.
- To add a website visitors list, click the plus button and select Website visitors.
- On the page that opens, start by entering a descriptive name for your data segment.
- Choose a template from the "List members" drop-down menu.
- Select a set of rules from the “Visited pages” drop-down menu options. For each menu option, add the conditions for web pages on your site where you'd like to collect visitor cookies. Values can be words, numbers, or dates, depending on the rule template and conditions you selected for the data segment you’re creating. After you've completed a rule, click Or or Add (depending on the rule option you selected).
- Enter an initial segment size, which is the number of visitors to your website during a set period of time. You can add site visitors from the previous 30 days to your data segment, or you can start with an empty segment.
Note: If you have a global site tag on your website and want to include visitors who match your segment rules, select the option to add site visitors from the previous 30 days. Read Tag your website using Google Ads.
- Enter a membership duration, which is the length you want a visitor to stay on your segment. You can change the membership duration at any time.
- (Optional) Enter a description of your audience.
- Click Create audience.
Read the Google Best Practices guide to learn how to re-engage previous site visitors with personalized ads.
Reach Past Visitors with Display ads that use your data: Google Best Practices