You'll need to create an ad for your video so we can display it next to relevant content when we show your ad properly in all possible TrueView video ad formats.You can create ads for videos you have created and own. The videos you upload must meet YouTube's community guidelines and should not infringe on copyrights. Learn more about YouTube's content policies and AdWords advertising policies.
While signed in to your YouTube account, follow these steps to create an ad:
- Navigate to your video watch page.
- In the menu bar at the top, click the [ V ] button.
- Click Promote in the drop-down menu.
- You'll now be able to build an ad for your video content.
- Enter how much you want to spend for your ad campaign in dollars (USD$). This amount will be used for a seven-day long ad campaign featuring your video promotion. Your promotion will end after seven days and your video ad will stop running.
- Editing these settings later: Visit the Settings tab for your video campaign to review and change your budget and campaign date settings.
- Calculate views: Click this button to see how many views we estimate your video will receive based on how much you're willing to spend. You can change the number in this field and click the button again to see the view estimates update.
- Review your targeting settings. We don't recommend you change this if you are new to managing ad campaigns. Changing these settings can extremely limit your promotion's exposure to potential viewers.
- Click Refine to change the type of viewer or video content topics you'd like to target.
- Changing these settings will also change the view estimates.
- When you're happy with the projected views for your video promotion, click Continue.
- Create your ad: Enter a headline and ad text that will encourage people to click on your ad and watch your video.
- Headline: This is the top line of text users will first see for your ad. It appears in bold and draws attention to your ad.
- Description: The next lines of text let you add more context to encourage users to click on the ad and watch your video.
- Click Continue when you're happy with the ad preview.
If you already have an AdWords account, we'll use the billing information already stored in your account to run your campaign. You can change your campaign, ad, and other settings from the AdWords for video dashboard at: http://adwords.google.com/video
If you don't have an AdWords account, we'll prompt you to finish creating one, and the video ad you just created will begin running as the first campaign in your new AdWords account.