You can upload videos to YouTube in a few easy steps. Use the instructions below to upload your videos from a computer or from a mobile device.
- Sign in to YouTube.
- Click on Upload at the top of the page.
- Before you start uploading the video, you can choose the video privacy settings.
- Select the video you'd like to upload from your computer. You can also import a video from Google Photos.
- As the video is uploading, you can edit both the basic information and the advanced settings of the video and decide if you want to notify subscribers (if you uncheck this option, no communication will be shared with your subscribers). Partners will also be able to adjust their Monetization settings. You can have a title up to 100 characters and a description up to 5,000 characters.
- Click Publish to finish uploading a public video to YouTube. If you set the video privacy setting to Private or Unlisted, just click Done to finish the upload or click Share to privately share your video.
- If you haven’t clicked Publish, your video won’t be viewable by other people. You can always publish your video at a later time in your Video Manager.
Once the upload is completed we will send you an email to notify you that your video is done uploading and processing. You can then forward that email to friends or family for easy sharing. If you prefer not to receive notification, you can opt out by visiting your email settings.
"Published on" date on watch page
When you make a video public on YouTube, the "published on" date on the watch page is based on Pacific Standard Time (PST). If you want to make a video public with a specific date on the watch page, make sure that your video is uploaded or scheduled to go public for that date in Pacific Standard Time.
You may see a different publishing date on the watch page than the one you see in your Video Manager if you:
- Upload a public video in a timezone ahead of PST
- Schedule a private video to go public at a specific time in a timezone ahead of PST