YouTube Partner Program overview, application checklist, & FAQs
The YouTube Partner Program (YPP) gives creators greater access to YouTube resources and features. This article provides an overview of available features, criteria for joining, an application checklist, and some FAQs.
What you get
- Access to our Creator Support teams
- Access to the Copyright Match Tool
- Access to our monetization features
Minimum eligibility requirements to join
- Follow all the YouTube Partner Program policies.
- Live in a country or region where the YouTube Partner Program is available.
- Have more than 4,000 public watch hours in the last 12 months.
- Have more than 1,000 subscribers.
- Have a linked AdSense account.
YouTube Partner Program application checklist
Everyone can apply for YPP, but you do need to meet some of our guidelines. This checklist is meant to guide you through the application process.
- Make sure your channel follows our policies and guidelines. When you apply, you’ll go through a standard review process to see whether your channel meets our policies and guidelines. Only channels that meet them will be accepted in the program. We also constantly check channels in the program to see whether they continue to meet our policies and guidelines.
- Make sure you only have 1 AdSense account. Once you’re in the program, you’ll need an AdSense account to get paid. Make sure you only have 1 AdSense account associated with your channel’s email, as any channel with multiple accounts will not be able to monetize.
- Make sure you have at least 1,000 subscribers and 4,000 public watch hours. When we assess channels for YouTube Partner Program access, we need context. When you reach this threshold, it usually means that you have more content. The threshold helps us make a more informed decision about whether your channel meets our policies and guidelines.
- Apply for YPP. You can apply for YPP anytime, but your channel will only be reviewed once you meet our threshold. Follow these instructions:
- Sign in to YouTube.
- In the top right, select your account icon > Creator Studio.
- In the left menu, select Channel > Status and features.
- Under "Monetization," click Enable.
- Follow the on-screen steps.
- Get reviewed. When your channel qualifies for the YouTube Partner Program, it will automatically be put in a review queue. Our automated systems and human reviewers will then look at your channel’s content to see whether it follows all our guidelines. You can check your application status anytime at https://www.youtube.com/account_monetization.
- If you’re accepted into YPP: Congratulations! Here’s a list of FAQs that we get from creators who have just joined YPP.
- If you’re rejected from YPP: Our reviewers found that a significant portion of your channel doesn’t meet our policies and guidelines. You can re-apply 30 days after your rejection. Check out our FAQs for tips on how to strengthen your application.
Once you meet our subscriber and watch time thresholds, your application will be put in a queue. Our human reviewers will look at your channel as a whole to see whether it meets our YouTube Partner Program policies.
We’ll get back to you with a decision once your channel is reviewed (typically about 1 month after you meet the threshold).
Can you speed up my application?
No. Our teams can’t speed up your application. All applications are put in a queue, and will be processed in the order they are received. Sometimes channels require multiple reviews, especially if multiple reviewers disagree on your channel’s suitability for YPP. In these cases, multiple reviews may be needed, which means it may take more time for a decision to be made.
What if I don’t meet the program threshold?
If you don’t meet the threshold yet, keep working to make original content and build your audience. Here are some resources that can help you grow your channel:
- Get tips from top creators in the Creator Academy.
- Learn solutions from other YouTube users in the YouTube Help Forum.
- Go to the Creator Site to learn, grow, and be connected to programs, resources, and events.
- Check out our YouTube Help channel and YouTube Creators channel to watch tutorials, troubleshooting, and tips videos from the YouTube Help team.
See all the resources available to you as a creator.
If I meet the threshold, do I automatically get into YPP?
No. Every channel that meets the threshold will go through a standard review process. Our human reviewers will look at your channel as a whole to see whether it meets our YouTube Partner Program policies. Only channels that follow our policies and guidelines are able to monetize.
What happens if my counts drop below the threshold after I apply?
YouTube will not automatically remove your channel from YPP if it drops below the threshold. But, YouTube does reserve the right, at its discretion, to remove monetization from channels if a channel is inactive and not uploading or posting Community posts for 6 months or more.
Channels will lose monetization if they violate any of the YouTube Partner Program policies, regardless of their watch hours and subscriber count.