You can upload videos to YouTube in a few easy steps. Use the instructions below to upload your videos from a computer or from a mobile device. Uploading may not be available with supervised experiences on YouTube. Learn more here.
Upload videos in YouTube Studio
- Sign in to YouTube Studio.
- In the top-right corner, click CREATE Upload videos .
- Select the file you’d like to upload. the file you’d like to upload. You can upload up to 15 videos at a time. Be sure to click Edit on each file to edit your video details.
Note: Your video will be converted to the highest resolution available to ensure successful playback on different devices and networks. You can view the estimated processing time for SD, HD, and 4K videos. Higher qualities such as 4K or HD may take more time to process. Learn more about video quality after upload and video resolution & aspect ratios. If you’re having issues, check out our common uploading errors guide.
If you close the upload experience before you finish choosing your settings, your video will be saved as private on your Content page.
|Title||The title of your video.|
Info that shows below your video. For video attributions, use the following format: [Channel Name] [Video Title] [Video ID]
For corrections in your video, add “Correction:” or “Corrections:” then add the timestamp and explanation of your correction. This section should appear after any video chapters. When your audience watches your video, a View Corrections info card will appear.
For formatted text in your descriptions, use the following format:
Note: If the channel has any active strikes, or if the content may be inappropriate to some viewers, the corrections feature won't be available.
|Thumbnail||The image viewers will view before clicking your video.|
|Playlist||Add your video to one of your existing playlists, or create a playlist.|
|Audience||To comply with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA), you’re required to tell us whether your videos are made for kids.|
|Age restriction||Age-restrict videos that may not be appropriate for certain audiences.|
At the bottom of the Details page, select SHOW MORE to choose your advanced settings.
|Paid promotion||Let viewers and YouTube know that your video has a paid promotion.|
You can add video chapter titles and timestamps to your videos to make them easier to watch. You can create your own video chapters or use the automatically generated chapters by checking the 'Allow automatic chapters (when available and eligible)' checkbox.
Any video chapters entered will override auto generated video chapters.
Places mentioned in your video, such as restaurants, may be displayed in your video description. You can allow automatic places by checking the 'Allow automatic places' checkbox (when available and eligible).
Add descriptive keywords to help correct search mistakes.
Tags can be useful if the content of your video is commonly misspelled. Otherwise, tags play a minimal role in your video's discovery.
|Language and caption certification||Choose the original video language and caption certification.|
|Recording date and location||Enter the date the video was recorded and the location where your video was filmed.|
|License and distribution||Select if your video can be embedded on a different website. Indicate if you’d like to send notifications to your subscribers for your new video.|
|Shorts sampling||Allow others to create Shorts using the audio of your video.|
Select a category so viewers can find your video more easily. For Education, you can choose the following options:
|Comments and ratings||Choose whether viewers can leave comments on the video. Choose whether viewers can find how many likes are on your video.|
If you're in the YouTube Partner Program, you can
If you're in the YouTube Partner Program, you can use the ad suitability page to rate your videos against our advertiser-friendly content guidelines. This action helps us make monetization decisions faster and accurately. Learn more about Self-certification.
- Copyright: The Copyright check searches for copyrighted content in your video. If issues are found, you can remove the claimed content from your video or choose to dispute a claim.
- Ad suitability: The Ad suitability check will verify whether your video follows our ad-friendly content guidelines. If issues are found, you can request human review if you think our systems made a mistake.
These checks help you learn about potential restrictions so you can fix issues before your video is published. Checks can take some time, but they run in the background, so you can return to the process later. You can also publish your video while checks are running and fix issues later.
- Save or publish: To publish your video now, choose this option and select Private, Unlisted, or Public as your video’s privacy setting. If you choose to make your video public, you can also set your video as an instant Premiere. Note: Your video can be published once SD processing is complete.
- Schedule: To publish your video later, choose this option and select the date you want your video to be published. Your video will be private until that date. You can also set your video as a Premiere.
Watch how to upload videos
Check out the following video from the YouTube Creators channel on how to upload videos.
Learn more about uploading videosHow many videos you can upload per day
Upload audio files
Learn the difference between “upload” and “publish”
Upload vertical videos
Figure out why your video’s upload date and publish date are different
- Upload date: The date you uploaded your video. Shows next to your private or unlisted video on your Content page.
- Publish date: The date your video became public. Shows beneath your live video and is set to Pacific Standard Time (PST).
These two dates can be different if you uploaded your video as private or unlisted, and made it public later.