Improve uploads on mobile with Enhancements
If your video has over 100,000 views, you may not be able to save your video edits. This restriction does not apply to users who are in the YouTube Partner Program.
If you can't save changes, you can create a new video (with a new video URL) using the Save as new video option, and make changes there. You can still save changes to videos with the Blur Faces or Custom Blurring features, even on videos with over 100,000 views.
If you're using the YouTube app, here are the enhancement features you can use. Remember, you make these enhancements right when you upload your video.Trim out parts of your video
Drag the blue handles in the film strip under the video preview to change the beginning and end positions of the video.
You can add a music track to your video from the Audio Library or from music saved on your device. To add music, tap the Music icon :
- Audio Library: You can add free music from the YouTube music library. Browse for music by selecting the Featured or Genre & Mood tab. You can preview how the song sounds in your video before adding it.
- From your device: If you have music on your device, you can select the On device tab to add your own music.
Once you've added music, you can edit it in the following ways:
- Change position: Scroll the music track to change how it lines up with the video to change the sync.
- Change mix levels: Tap to change the mix between the music track and the original audio.
To choose a video filter to add a visual effect to the video, tap .
After you make your changes, upload your video by tapping .
Troubleshoot saving enhancements
To save changes, make sure your video meets the following criteria:
- View count: If your video has over 100,000 views, you may not be able to save changes (this doesn't apply to the Blur Faces enhancement). This restriction does not apply to users who are in the YouTube Partner Program.