Improve videos with Enhancements
You can make tweaks and add effects to your videos directly on YouTube or when you upload a video using Enhancement features.
Steps to make Enhancements on your computer
If you're on your computer, you don't need to re-upload a video to make enhancements. You can make changes to uploaded videos (the video's URL, view count, and comments will stay the same).
- Go to your channel's Video Manager. Get there by clicking your icon in the top right > Creator Studio. On the left, click Video Manager.
- For the video you want to edit, click Edit > Enhancements.
- Make your changes using the features available on desktop listed below.
- Click Save. If you want to create a new video with these enhancements (and keep the original video unchanged), click Save as new video.
Enhancements available on a computer
If you're on a computer, here are the enhancement features you can use. You can make these changes to any uploaded video without changing the video's URL, view count, or comments.Auto-fix lighting & color
Click the Quick fixes tab > Auto-fix for a one-click improvement on the video's lighting and color.
You can also make manual adjustments to Fill Light, Contrast, Saturation, and Color Temperature using the sliders below the Auto-fix button.
Click the Quick fixes tab > Stabilize to get rid of shaky camera motions.
Click the numbers under Quick fixes tab > Slow Motion to change the speed at which your video plays. You can choose from half speed, quarter speed, or eighth speed.
Click the numbers under Quick fixes tab > Time lapse to change the speed at which your video plays.
Click the Quick fixes tab > Trim to clip parts off the beginning or end of your video.
Click the arrows under the Quick fixes tab to rotate your video to the right or left.
Click the Filters tab to select color filters for your video.
Click the Blurring effects tab > Custom blurring > Edit to blur objects or people as they move in your video.
Click and drag a box over whatever you want to blur. The tool will automatically blur the object as it moves. You can also:
- Move the blurred box to a different place: Click and drag within the box.
- Resize the blurred area: Click and drag any corner of the box to blur a bigger or smaller area.
- Change when the blurring happens: Click and drag the ends of the timeline to set when the blurring begins and ends.
- Prevent the blurred area from moving at all: Click "Lock" in the timeline to make sure the blurred area always stays in the same place.
- Blur multiple areas: Click and drag new boxes over the parts you want to blur.
- Click Blurring effects tab > Blur faces > Edit. You can use YouTube normally while we process your video.
- Once processing is complete, you’ll see thumbnails for each of the faces that the tool detected.
- Click the thumbnail(s) of the faces you’d like to blur.
- You can Save your changes in the existing video or to Save as new video.
Troubleshoot saving enhancements
To save changes, make sure your video meets the following criteria:
- View count: Video hasn't received over 100,000 views (this doesn't apply to the Blur Faces enhancement)
- Content ID: Video doesn't have a Content ID match.