Partner Programme policies
Violating any of these policies may result in YouTube taking some or all of the following actions:
- Disabling ads from your content
- Disabling your AdSense account
- Suspending your YouTube partnership agreement
- Suspending or even terminating your YouTube channel
- Or anything else specified in the Terms of Service and our other policies
Here's a quick overview of each major policy. Please make sure that you also read each policy thoroughly.
These guidelines help to keep YouTube a great community for users and advertisers. Content that violates Community Guidelines is not eligible for monetisation and will be removed from YouTube. Other potentially offensive content that falls short of violation may be age restricted. In addition, your YouTube channel may receive strikes, and repeated violations may result in suspension of your YouTube partnership and/or channel.
Here are some of the key types of Community Guidelines violations to keep in mind, however make sure that you read the guidelines thoroughly as well:
Video content violations
- Nudity, sexually explicit or strongly sexually suggestive material
- Hate or abusive speech
- Excessive profanity or graphic violence
- Promotion of harmful or dangerous activities
- Video thumbnails, titles, tags and categories that are misleading or inaccurate
Learn more in our Policy and Safety Hub.
It's important that you have the right to use all of your content commercially before monetising it on YouTube. Please familiarise yourself with the Partner Programme policies. Repeated submission of ineligible videos and/or insufficient documentation may affect your ability to monetise videos in the future.
Here are some of the key monetisation policies to be aware of. Please make sure that you also read the policies thoroughly
- Own commercial-use rights: Make sure that you have all of the rights to the content submitted for monetisation, including all audio and video elements.
- Understand your rights: In case of incorporating third-party content in your video submitted for monetisation, make sure that you understand your rights granted by the licence.
These guidelines are provided solely for educational purposes and do not constitute legal advice. You should seek legal advice from a lawyer or legal representative.
For more information about copyright and fair use, please visit our Copyright Centre.
Violating these policies may result in your videos being removed, your AdSense account being disabled and/or your partnership or even your YouTube channel being suspended.
Here are some key policy violations to keep in mind. Please make sure that you also read the policy thoroughly.
- Clicking on your own ads for any reason
- Encouraging others to click your ads
- Using deceptive implementation methods to obtain clicks
Using third-party sites and tools
- Employing or commissioning third-party sites and tools to artificially or manually generate subscribers or views
- Embedding third-party advertising, sponsorships or promotions placed on or within your video content
- Selling your YouTube channel and/or partner channel via third-party sites for monetary profit
Manipulating or incentivising others to click on video features such as 'Like' or 'Favourite'.