How to earn money from your videos
Set up your channel to earn moneyStep 1: Join the YouTube Partner Program
To check your channel's eligibility and join the YouTube Partner Program:
- Sign in to your YouTube account.
- In the top right, select your account icon > Creator Studio.
- In the left menu, select Channel > Status and features.
- Under "Monetization," click Enable.
- Follow the on-screen steps to accept the YouTube Partner Program Terms.
Learn what to do if monetization is disabled for your channel.
You need to set up an approved AdSense account with your YouTube channel in order to earn money from your videos and get paid. You can create a new AdSense account or use an existing one.
Follow these steps to set up an AdSense account.
After you've joined the YouTube Partner Program and set up your AdSense account, you can turn on ads for eligible videos.
- Make sure your video meets the video monetization criteria.
- Review the different YouTube ad formats that are available.
- Follow the steps to turn ads on for the videos you want to monetize. You can choose to turn on ads for individual videos or multiple videos in bulk.