The Commerce Product Module (CPM) is available to monetizing creators that want to unlock fan funding features. Fan funding lets you earn extra income while connecting with viewers and building a community. Whether it’s through fans spontaneously showing support with Super Thanks, or members-only content for loyal fans through channel memberships.
Fan funding includes these monetization features:
- Channel memberships: Your members make recurring monthly payments in exchange for members-only perks that you offer.
- Super Chat & Super Stickers: Your fans pay to get their messages or animated images highlighted in live chat streams.
- Super Thanks: Your fans pay to view a fun animation and have their message highlighted in your Shorts and long form video’s comments section.
If you’re monetizing on YouTube with fan funding features, your channel (and your MCN) must comply with your agreement that applies to these features (either the Commerce Product Module or Commerce Product Addendum) and follow the YouTube channel monetization policies, which include:
- YouTube Community Guidelines
- YouTube Terms of Service
- YouTube Copyright and Fair Use Policies
- Google AdSense Program Policies
You must also continue to comply with all applicable laws, as required by YouTube’s Terms of Service. This includes whether or not you can turn on, offer, send, and get money from fan funding features. Fan funding features are not crowdfunding or donation tools. Money you get from these features may be treated differently based on laws that apply to you and your activities.
If your access to fan funding products is terminated and you want to remove any particular Commerce Content made available in connection with such products, you must remove it. YouTube is not responsible for removing or otherwise limiting access to any Commerce Content upon termination.
We may offer incentive programs from time to time. Check back here for more info.
While each fan funding feature has its own requirements, you must meet these minimum requirements to be eligible for fan funding features:
- Channel is in the YouTube Partner Program
- Be at least 18 years old
- Live in a country/region where the individual fan funding feature is available
To turn on fan funding features, you must:
- Apply and be accepted into the YouTube Partner Program.
- You (and your MCN) have agreed to and are complying with our terms and policies (including the relevant Commerce Product Module, or formerly available Commerce Product Addendum).
- Review the eligibility criteria for each fan funding feature to make sure you meet the requirements:
- Turn on each fan funding feature in YouTube Studio or the YouTube Studio Mobile app.
Channel memberships lets viewers join your channel through monthly payments and get access to members-only perks, like badges, emoji, and other goods. Learn how to turn on and manage channel memberships.
Super Chat & Super Stickers
Super Chat and Super Stickers are ways to connect fans with creators, during live streams and Premieres. Fans can buy Super Chats to highlight their message within live chat or Super Stickers to get an animated image that surfaces in live chat. Learn how to turn on and manage Super Chat & Super Stickers.
Super Thanks lets creators earn revenue from viewers who want to show extra gratitude for their videos. Fans can buy a one-time animation and get to post a distinct, colorful, and customizable comment in the video’s comment section. Learn how to turn on and manage Super Thanks.