Partner Program Policies
Violating any of theses policies may result in YouTube taking some or all of the following actions:
- Disabling ads from your content
- Disabling your AdSense account
- Suspending your YouTube partnership agreement
- Suspending or even terminate your YouTube channel
- Or anything else spelled out in the Terms of Service and our other policies
Here’s a quick overview of each major policy, but make sure you read each policy thoroughly as well.
These guidelines help keep YouTube a great community for users and advertisers. Content that violates Community Guidelines is not eligible for monetization and will be removed from YouTube. Other potentially offensive content that falls short of violation may be age-restricted. In addition, your YouTube channel may receive strikes, and repeated violations may result in suspension of your YouTube partnership and/or channel.
Here are some of the key types of Community Guidelines violations to keep in mind, however make sure you read the guidelines thoroughly as well:
Video content violations
- Nudity, sexually explicit, or strongly sexually suggestive material
- Hate or abusive speech
- Excessive profanity or graphic violence
- Promotion of harmful or dangerous activities
- Video thumbnails, titles, tags, and categories that are misleading or inaccurate
Learn more in our Policy and Safety Hub.
It’s important you have the right to use all of your content commercially before monetizing it on YouTube. Please familiarize yourself with the Partner Program policies. Repeated submission of ineligible videos and/or insufficient documentation may affect your ability to monetize videos in the future.
Here are some of the key monetization policies to be aware of, however make sure you read the policies thoroughly as well:
- Own commercial-use rights: Make sure you have all the rights to the content submitted for monetization including all audio and video elements.
- Be able to provide documentation proving you own commercial rights to all audio and video content, whether they belong to you or a third-party.
- Understand your rights: In case of incorporating a third-party content in your video submitted for monetization, make sure to understand your rights granted by the license, or obtain explicit written permission from the rights holders.
These guidelines are provided solely for educational purposes and do not constitute legal advice. You should seek legal advice from a lawyer or legal representative.
For more information about copyright and fair use, please visit our Copyright Center.
Violating these policies may result in your videos being removed, your AdSense account being disabled, and/or your partnership or even your YouTube channel being suspended.
Here are some key policy violations to keep in mind, however make sure you read the policy thoroughly as well:
- Clicking on your own ads for any reason
- Encouraging others to click your ads
- Using deceptive implementation methods to obtain clicks
Using third-party sites and tools
- Employing or commissioning third party sites and tools to artificially or manually generate subscribers or views
- Embedding third party advertising, sponsorships, or promotions placed on or within your video content
- Selling your YouTube channel and/or partner channel via third-party sites for monetary profit
Manipulating or incentivizing others to click on video features such as “Like” or “Favorite.”