Create a dynamic remarketing campaign
Dynamic remarketing campaigns are used to show your previous visitors ads for the products or services that they viewed on your website. These campaigns provide you with extra settings and reports specifically for reaching previous visitors.
This article explains how to set up a dynamic remarketing campaign.
Before you start
You can only use dynamic remarketing with "Display Network" campaigns.
Bear in mind that your remarketing tag shouldn't be associated with any personally identifiable or sensitive information. Sensitive categories of websites and apps can't use remarketing. If you're setting up a remarketing campaign and placing the remarketing tag on your website or mobile app, then you need to follow the Policy for advertising based on interests and location.
The new Google Ads experience is now the exclusive way for most users to manage their accounts. If you’re still using the previous AdWords experience, choose Previous below. Learn more
How to create a dynamic remarketing campaign
- Sign in to your AdWords account.
- Click Campaigns from the page menu.
- Click the plus icon , then select New Campaign.
- Choose Display Network.
- Select Sales.
- Select Standard display campaign, then click Continue.
- Choose a campaign name, bid strategy and budget.
- In the Audiences section, select Remarketing and choose a remarketing list.
- Note: If you have no remarketing lists set up, we recommend that you choose the AdWords optimised list which includes users from all app and web audience sources. It's quick to set up and for many users, this option performs better than manually segmenting, because it allows auto bidding to fully optimise the data it has on all users. Please follow the below steps to set up:
- Select a specific Audience.
- Click the Custom combinations drop-down menu, then select AdWords optimised list.
- Select Done.
- Select Use a data feed for personalised ads.
- Choose the business type that represents your products or services. If your business type is retail, select Retail and link your Google Merchant Center account. If your business type isn't listed, select Other (custom option).
- Click the plus button NEW AD and create your ad.
- Select CREATE CAMPAIGN.
Note: You will be reminded to upload your feed when your campaign is ready.