- In the account tree view, select the ad group to assign an audience to.
- Select Keywords and Targeting > Audiences from the type list.
- Click Add audience in the data view.
- Select an audience. Click OK.
- Optional: In the edit panel, enter the following settings for the audiences.
- Max. CPM, Max. CPC: Leave these fields blank to use the ad group default bid.
- Bid adjustment: Enter a bid adjustment from -90 through +900, inclusive.
- Final URL: Leave this field blank to use the ad's final URL.
Assign multiple audiences
Import a list either with the Make multiple changes tool on Audiences, or with a CSV file.
The following sample import adds the
News interest category to two ad groups:
|Campaign 1||Ad group 1||News|
|Campaign 1||Ad group 2||News|
Tips for importing audiences in bulk
Each audience in the import must match either a user list that already exists in the Google Ads account or one of these interest categories. If Google Ads Editor detects that an audience is neither an existing user list for the account nor a predefined interest category, you'll see an "Unknown audience" error for that row in the import.
Be sure to add each audience only once to an ad group. If the same audience is listed more than once for an ad group, Google Ads Editor processes the first row and ignores the duplicate rows, showing a "Duplicate audience" warning message.
Each interest category has a numeric ID in addition to a name. You can use either the name or the ID in your import list. For example, alternate formats for the
News interest category are
- Learn how to reach people interested in your products or services.
- Find out about topic targeting in Google Ads Editor.