As a Google Workspace reseller, you use the Customer Care Portal to create and manage support cases for Google Workspace customers. (The Google Customer Care Portal replaced the Google Cloud Support Center for Google Workspace resellers.)
Sign to the Customer Care Portal with the same reseller user name and password you used for the old portal. If you don't have access to the Customer Care Portal, contact your super administrator.
Note: Product permissions that were supported in the Google Cloud Support Center aren't supported in the Customer Care Portal.
For super administrators
If your users had access to the Google Cloud Support Center, they most likely have access to the Customer Care Portal. Sign in to the Customer Care Portal to review users who don’t have access. If you have questions about access, contact Google Workspace support and reference issue number 177584086.
To give a user access to the Customer Care Portal, go to Assign reseller admin privileges. If your organization has reseller accounts at multiple domains, follow the steps for Partners with multiple reseller domains.
- You sign in with a user account in your reseller domain, for example reseller.yourdomain.com. If you have multiple reseller domains, sign with the user account for each reseller domain.
- Your customer must give you permission to access their account. Learn more at Change reseller's access to your account.
Requirements: To file and manage cases, your customer must give you permission to access their account. Learn more at Change reseller's access to your account.
Important: Do not include any personally identifiable information in your case or attachments to the case.
- Open the Customer Care Portal.
- Click Create support case.
- Click Create a new case on behalf of and select your customer. Note: The customer's address and contact information is set in your Partner Sales Console.
- For Product type, select Google Workspace and enter a title to describe the issue.
If you can't enter Product Type or Category, the customer hasn't granted you access to file support cases on their behalf.
- For Category, enter keywords and select an option.
- For Case description, review the information and answer any questions.
- (Optional) To attach a file to your case, click Attach and browse to the attachment.
- Select a severity level.
- If needed, change the language and time zone.
- Click Submit. It might take a minute for the case to appear in the My Cases list.
- (Optional) To share the case, open the case and scroll to Case sharing and add a user or group email address.
If your customer has access to the Customer Care Portal, they can access cases that you file on their behalf.
If you managed the customer when a case was filed, you can view and update the customer's case. You can't view cases submitted when another reseller managed the customer.
- Open the Customer Care Portal.
- Choose an option:
- To view cases for all of your customers, click My Cases.
- To view cases for a specific customer, click My Customers and select the customer.
By default, cases are sorted by their updated date.
Click Filter to find your case. You can filter by keyword, status, or severity.
- Review your case and optionally update it with one or more of the following options:
- Severity—Change the severity of the case.
- Close case—Select this option if the issue is no longer occurring.
- Escalate (only available to Premium Support customers)—Escalate the urgency of the case.
- Attachments—Upload a new attachment to the case. Contact support to remove an attachment.
- Case history—Send a message to support.
Note: You can reopen a closed case within 30 days. After that time, you need to file a new case.
- Click Send.
The portal shows the customers that are assigned to the reseller domain that you’re signed in to. If you have multiple reseller domains, you need to sign in to each domain to view the customers associated with the domain.
To set up user access to all of your domains, go to Partners with multiple reseller domains.
If you’re a Support Partner, your customers can give you support-only access to their account in the Google Cloud Support Center. For details, ask your customer to complete the steps in Give your reseller access to Google Cloud Support Center.
Once you have access, you can file and manage cases for your customers in the Customer Care Portal.
No. Google has retired Google Cloud Support Center for Google Workspace customers.
You can suggest new features for the Customer Care Portal by clicking Send Feedback in the portal.
For security and privacy, the Customer Care Portal shows only the customers assigned to the reseller domain that you’re signed in to. If you have multiple reseller domains, you sign with each domain to view customers assigned to that domain.
You can give your users a free Cloud Identity account at each domain. Then your users can sign in to the Customer Care Portal and manage customers at each of your reseller domains. User can sign in to multiple browser tabs and switch between domains to look up customers and cases.
Open all | Close all
For each of your reseller domains, you can create free Cloud Identity accounts for your users. Before you start, gather a list of your reseller domains (and secondary domains if used) and user names.
- Important: Turn off auto-licensing for your organizational units. Learn how
Otherwise, new users might be assigned licenses for both Google Workspace and Cloud Identity.
- Create an organizational unit for your Cloud Identity user accounts. Learn how
- Add users to the organizational unit. Learn how
- Repeat for each of your reseller accounts and secondary domains.
The Cloud Identity subscription is included for free with your Google Workspace account.
On the Admin console Home page, go to BillingGet more services.
- In Categories, click Cloud Identity.
- Below Cloud Identity Free, click Get Started.
- Review the feature, then click Get Started.
- Click Checkout and Place Order.
Your Subscriptions list shows the number of Cloud Identity licenses (usually 50 or more). To request more licenses, sign in as a super admin and fill out the Cloud Identity license form.
Assign Cloud Identity licenses to users
- From the Admin console Home page, go to Users.
- Next to each user’s name where you want to assign, check the box.
- At the top, click More Assign Licenses.
- Click the service Assign.
- From the Admin console Home page, go to Admin roles.
- Click the role you want to edit.
- Click Admin console privileges.
- Assign the Reseller Admin role or create a custom role that has these privileges:
- Reseller Tools Customers View Customers
- Reseller Tools Customers Access Customers Support Cases
or, if available:
- Legacy Resold Enterprise Support
- Legacy Enterprise
Your users have two options for receiving email updates and notifications for their Customer Care Portal cases.