Get started with Analytics
To start collecting basic data from an app and/or website:
- Create or sign in to your Analytics account:
- Go to google.com/analytics
- Do one of the following:
- To create an account, click Start for free.
- To sign in to your account, Click Sign in to Analytics.
- Add a property to your Analytics account. A property represents your app, website, or both, and is the collection point in Analytics for the data from your app/website.
- Add a data stream your property. A data stream supplies data from a specific combination of platform and app (e.g., My Android App, My iOS App) or from a specific website.
- Add the measurement code to your app or website so you can collect data in your Analytics property.
Configure your account and properties to determine access to your data and which data is available.
For example, you can:
- Grant permissions to make configuration changes and to interact with data. Learn more about user management and permissions.
- Link your Google Ads and Analytics accounts so you can share data between them and develop a more comprehensive understanding of how your marketing efforts drive user behavior on your apps or site. Learn more
- Link your Firebase and Analytics accounts. Learn more
- Set up conversions to identify the actions you want users to take on your site or app, and to give a monetary value to those actions. Learn more