Set up Google Analytics for the first time
This article is for anyone who is new to Google Analytics and wants to set up Analytics for a website and/or app for the first time.
- Create an Analytics account. Go to google.com/analytics. To create an account, click Start for free. If you already have a Google Analytics account, click Sign in to Analytics.
- Set up Analytics on your website and/or app.
- Explore the Google Analytics 4 interface.
- Add users who need access to Analytics, and set permissions for them.
- Learn about events, the building blocks of your data.
- Mark your key events as conversions.
- Link to your Google Ads account. Export your Analytics audiences and conversion-event data to Google Ads. See Google Ads campaign data in your Analytics Behavior reports.