Discover how to get started with data analytics by setting up your account for the first time and other optional data analytics activities.
This article is for anyone who is new to Google Analytics and wants to set up Analytics for a website and/or app for the first time.
- Create an Analytics account. Go to google.com/analytics. To create an account, click Get started today. If you already have a Google Analytics account, click Sign in to Analytics.
- Set up Analytics on your website and/or app.
Optional data-analytics activities
- Explore the Google Analytics 4 interface.
- Add users who need access to Analytics, and set permissions for them.
- Learn about events, the building blocks of your data.
- Mark your key events as conversions.
- Link to your Google Ads account. Export your Analytics audiences and conversion-event data to Google Ads. See Google Ads campaign data in your Analytics Behavior reports.