Introduction to Google Analytics
Google Analytics provides powerful digital analytics for anyone with a web presence, large or small. It's one of the most powerful digital analytics solutions available - and it's free for anyone to use.
Who can use Analytics
Executives can learn:
- Which marketing initiatives are most effective
- Accurate website traffic patterns/trends
- Which customer and customer segments are most valuable
Marketing Professionals can learn:
- Where users come from and what do they do on the site
- How can the website convert more users into customers
- Which keywords resonate with prospects and lead to conversions
- Which online ad or creative is the most effective
Content & Developers can learn:
- Where people leave the site
- Which pages retain users the longest
- What search terms people use to find the site
In addition, Google AdWords customers can see their Analytics data from inside their AdWords account—we've added a tab with your Analytics reports and settings. Just go to Tools & Analysis > Google Analytics. Plus, Analytics automatically tags your AdWords campaigns for detailed tracking - simply enable the auto tagging option when you link your AdWords and Analytics accounts. See the full list of benefits Analytics offers.Back to Top
How do I use Analytics?
You can use Analytics to track a variety of web-based content.
- Tracking multiple websites
Google Analytics will track as many websites as you own! We've provided multiple reporting views in your account, so you can view individual reports for specific domains or subdomains.
- Tracking your blog, MySpace, or Facebook pages
To use Google Analytics to track your pages on Facebook, MySpace, WordPress or other solutions, we recommend that you search for 3rd-party widgets that simplify the Analytics set up for pre-defined site templates. You may not be able to use Analytics on sites where you cannot edit the page code (such as on MySpace, for example). However, often you will be able to find plugins or widgets that will help you use Analytics in your page.
- Tracking traffic from RSS feeds
- Using Analytics with other web analytics solutions
You can run Google Analytics in parallel with any third-party or internal solution you've already deployed.
How Much Does Analytics Cost?
If your site generates 10 million or fewer hits per month, then Google Analytics is free. If your site generates more than 10 million hits per month, then we offer increased limits as part of Google Analytics Premium.Back to Top