Specify Ad Exchange rule header details
Rule(s) consist of targeting information, pricing details, and block settings for your inventory. To create a rule:
- Click the Rules tab. If you're accessing this feature from DFP instead of Ad Exchange, select Inventory Ad Exchange rules.
- Select the category for your rule, which will include some or all of the following:
- Open auction pricing
- Ad styles & backup ads
- Click the appropriate syndication type sub-tab (for example, Display).
- Click +New rule. The “Rules > New Rule” page loads.
- Enter a meaningful name that clearly identifies your rule, the inventory it represents, and any other specifications. You are able to run reports on the “Rule names” dimension for winning bids, therefore it is important to assign a useful name.
To edit, select the rule name from the “Rules” list page. Update your targeting and your inventory pricing and blocks. Save as usual.
- Identify which inventory is being offered.